Chapter 86: Equal Punishment and Reward

Before Yue Zhishi could understand the meaning behind Song Yu's words, he was already flipped over.

A pair of pale, bare legs were exposed in the cold air.

He didn't resist. Since they've returned back to campus, other than the brief intimacy in the grove of trees last time, they've rarely even hugged. Yue Zhishi had been stuck in between the two mountains of the competition and the mock trial, and during the most tiring few days, he'd only slept for four hours each night. His chaotic and erratic dreams had all been of Song Yu.

Sometimes in his sleep, he would return back to the times when Song Yu had dodged away from him, thinking Yue Zhishi understood nothing, but in those dreams, Song Yu saw through Yue Zhishi's heart earlier. He would embrace him before Yue Zhishi cried and let him rise up on his toes; they'd kiss long enough to fill an entire dream, like the kind of happy ending a beautiful love story should have.

Yue Zhishi truly yearned for Song Yu's intimacy, and he firmly believed he wanted it more than Song Yu did — and so he would never reject it. But the shame he felt still made him slightly struggle, only for things to be taken one step further.

Song Yu took out the eye mask he used to wear when he slept alone and covered up Yue Zhishi's eyes.

"You're not allowed to take it off, or else I won't hold you or kiss you."

That was an extremely effective deterrent, towards Yue Zhishi. He utterly craved Song Yu's embraces and kisses, as though they were necessities required for his survival. And so Yue Zhishi didn't dare move, only plaintively calling out gege and softly asking him, "Are you really going to hit me? Where are you going to hit?"

He was surrounded by darkness. He didn't receive Song Yu's answer before being pulled; he seemed to be dragged into Song Yu's arms, and he felt both grateful and secure — his lower belly pressed against Song Yu's thighs, and he could touch Song Yu's back.

An image appeared in Yue Zhishi's mind: at this moment, Song Yu should be sitting on the edge of the bed, while he himself was most likely like a meek little dog lying on his owner's legs, lying in his arms and waiting for his owner to stroke down his downy back.

But that wasn't what happened.

What he received was a neither light nor heavy smack from Song Yu, the hit landing on his ass.

Caught off-guard, Yue Zhishi cried out; he was somewhat stunned from the impact. When the second slap landed once again on his ass, he was both embarrassed and shocked, and he called out Song Yu's name, pleading at him to not hit his butt.

"You said I could hit you back. Isn't it the same anywhere?"

Song Yu's voice always sounded cold, sounding as though it couldn't be defied.

"Gege..." Yue Zhishi's head was buried into the soft blanket, and he could hear the loud sounds of Song Yu's palm landing on his soft flesh. He'd never been treated like this before, even during childhood — Yue Zhishi, always so obedient, was 'disciplined' using this method for the first time in his life.

His upper body was still completely dressed, his woollen sweater confining his elevated body temperature. Yue Zhishi was burning, was sweating, but his lower body wore only a thin piece of cotton underwear and nothing else. He wasn't willing to merely lie there, and so he bashfully wriggled on Song Yu's legs. The insecurity he felt from the darkness made his desire feel hollow and unsatisfied. Song Yu wasn't actually hitting him all that hard, but there wasn't a steady pace to them; he didn't know when the next smack would fall.

So every time he received a slap, under the crisp sounds of a hand meeting flesh, Yue Zhishi would cry out with his legs trembling, anxious and fearful.