Chapter 63: A Stroke of Inspiration

Yue Zhishi was doubtful of his answer, but he currently didn't have enough air and was too busy to ponder over it. He just continued hugging Song Yu's waist, resting on his body for a while. He waited until he felt better, and then he raised his face, very docilely pecking Song Yu's lips and whispering I really missed you multiple times.

They were in an enclosed environment, and the bathroom smelled very strongly of an aromatherapy product. Worried it would irritate Yue Zhishi's breathing, Song Yu didn't want him to stay here for too long. He kissed Yue Zhishi's forehead, took off his windbreaker for him to wear and took him away.

The cold wind rushed straight at them once they went back onto the street. Yue Zhishi followed Song Yu into his car, wrapped in his windbreaker, and he'd just sat down when he straightforwardly asked, "Are you going back to the dorm? Or the apartment?"

Song Yu fastened his seatbelt. "The apartment. My dorm mates are still in Beijing."

Yue Zhishi twisted over when he heard this and placed his hand on Song Yu's arm. "Then can I go too? I want to go."

Song Yu didn't immediately respond. He turned on the car, and then looked towards Yue Zhishi after a few moments. "You really aren't afraid of me at all."

That question came out as certainly as a declarative sentence, as though Yue Zhishi should actually guard against him a bit. After all, he had lost control just then — he hadn't cared about what time it was or where they were, let alone his own obsession with cleanliness.

"Why would I be afraid of you?" Yue Zhishi was slightly confused, adding a few seconds later, "Oh, but I am a little bit. I was really afraid of you getting angry when I was younger. Even though you wouldn't lose your temper at me, you wouldn't speak at all. I don't like it when you brood."

They were completely not on the same page at all. Song Yu gave up. He saw Yue Zhishi still clutching that sketchbook, and he was reminded of that paper bag he had been prepared to give him when they first saw each other; the entire matter had been tossed to the back of his mind because of that unplanned kiss. He pulled it over and handed it to Yue Zhishi.

"You can put that in here."

"Is there anything else inside?" Yue Zhishi saw it earlier and had been curious about why it was so large, thinking it was to only carry the milk tea. Glancing inside, he realised in astonishment that it held a new sketchbook with a dusty blue leather cover, and a block of cheese was also etched onto it.

"You managed to get it?" Yue Zhishi was very happily surprised. "That's fantastic, I really like this sketchbook." He stroked the small cheese design on the cover and curiously asked Song Yu, "Is this the brand's logo?"

Song Yu vaguely said, "Something like that."

"It's so cute," Yue Zhishi said from the bottom of his heart. He even hugged the new sketchbook together with the old one.

"How is it cute....." Song Yu's voice sounded uneasy.

Giving up on trying to understand Song Yu's tastes, Yue Zhishi switched to ask about his Beijing conference. He only then learned that Song Yu had given up on the group activities on the final day — the academic conference had ended that morning, and he'd bought the final flight back.

"You should've gone to the Great Wall with them." Yue Zhishi felt sorry for him.

"It's too boring. I didn't want to go."

The sky darkened very rapidly, and by the time they arrived at the apartment, the sky had turned into full night. As Song Yu parked the car, Yue Zhishi suddenly realised: the car didn't smell of a scent diffuser. It held only the fragrance from Song Yu's body, as well as the very faint scent of leather that drifted up from the seats.