Chapter 71: Already Taken

Even Yue Zhishi would feel a bit annoyed if he had been misunderstood under normal circumstances.

But when it was Song Yu who'd misunderstood him, he was more likely to feel something else — like his heart speeding up. Trying to explain, he sent Song Yu messages as he continued walking, and Nan Jia had to steer him around with his elbow in her hand, worried he'd bump into someone.

[Le Le: That's the wonderful thing you've done. Both my lips and tongue are injured. My lips have scabbed over, but the wound on my tongue has turned into an ulcer.]

After two seconds, he sent over another message.

[Le Le: It really hurts.]

He felt like he may have explained overly seriously, to the point where Song Yu didn't reply and only gave him a call straightaway. Yue Zhishi was in the doctor's consultation room with Nan Jia, and so he needed to leave, picking up Song Yu's phone call in the busy corridor.

Hearing Song Yu's voice, Yue Zhishi completely forgot about how Song Yu had misunderstood him. Song Yu asked him if his tongue really hurt; he said it didn't, as though he hadn't actually sent through that message just then at all.

"Is it really cold where you are?" Yue Zhishi was talking on the phone while facing the wall, looking like he had been forced to stand there in punishment.

"Mn."

"Then make sure you don't get sick. Senior Nan Jia's already gotten sick." Yue Zhishi lay his forehead against the wall. "There's heaps of people at the hospital."

"You're with her at the hospital?" The tone of Song Yu's voice shifted very distinctively.

Yue Zhishi nodded, his head still facing the wall. "Yes. We just finished a meeting together, and I needed to get some medicine for my mouth ulcer anyway. I don't like going to the hospital by myself. It's like eating hotpot alone — it feels too pitiful."

"Does it?" Song Yu seemed to release an extremely obvious and extremely abrupt sigh at the phone, but Yue Zhishi was like a little dog, keenly catching notice of it. Before he could ask, Song Yu spoke again, his words now not quite matching up with what they were talking about before. "The people who welcomed us just said it'll be very cold here at night."

Yue Zhishi frowned. "Doesn't the northwest region have central heating? Why won't they turn it on for you?"

"Not everyone has central heating yet." Song Yu then said, on purpose, "Hopefully the blankets are thicker." That kind of wishful words sounded extraordinarily out of place coming out of his mouth.

With just a few simple sentences, Yue Zhishi's heart was stirred up — he very nervously asked a whole bunch of questions, worrying about this and worrying about that. If someone didn't know what was happening, they might think Song Yu'd gotten some kind of incurable disease.

"You can pour some hot water into a glass bottle and then leave it under your blankets. You'll be a lot warmer like that but make sure you don't burn yourself. Ah, wait, you can't casually pour hot water into glass bottles, they can shatter really easily and hurt you. Plastic water bottles will warp, but maybe you should buy one..."

Song Yu softly chuckled, and Yue Zhishi suddenly froze. He found himself really ridiculous — Song Yu was clearly someone so independent, and yet he was giving him advice like an elder on how to keep warm.

"Are you laughing at me?" Yue Zhishi stared at his feet.

"I'm missing you," Song Yu honestly said. It came out cleanly and straightforwardly, compared to how he'd gone in circular and winding paths earlier just to beg for Yue Zhishi's care.