Chapter 97: Public Announcement

Once he finished speaking, many of the people around him seemed to freeze in place. Roughly three seconds later, a guy in a lamb wool coat shrugged.

"Of course it's not illegal."

Everyone else stood there, speechless and at a loss, and then they started to echo what the guy had said.

"That's right."

"What a useless thing to talk about."

Yue Zhishi placed the ripped up pieces of paper into his schoolbag, only continuing to hold the paper he'd crumpled up. He then walked out of the crowd as though nothing had happened; he'd only taken a few steps when someone in the crowd behind him shouted, "Don't let someone like this get away with doing this."

"Yeah, fuck him up!"

"Don't be afraid, jiayou!"

It would be a lie to say he hadn't had a reaction when he first saw those photos.

Yue Zhishi had never thought photos of him would be exposed so publicly, and at that moment, he'd been astounded more than he'd been angry.

But once he saw those exaggerated, eye-catching words, he was sure this was something someone had done out of malice.

Shen Mi followed him out, and a few students their year also caught up behind them.

"Yue Zhishi, are you really together with that geomatics senior?"

"Was that you in the photo with kissing?"

Shen Mi initially thought Yue Zhishi would be scared, or annoyed, and wanted to drive away those overly curious people, but Yue Zhishi nodded. He frankly said, "Yes, he's my boyfriend."

"Ah, he's super handsome," a girl said, very excited. "You guys really match each other."

She then said some encouraging words, also telling him to not let off the person who'd done something so malicious, before she turned away and left with her friends, her face full of excitement.

Standing on the ground floor of the classroom building, Yue Zhishi looked at the paper in his hand with his head lowered; he then asked Shen Mi, raising his head, "Do you think this person will have spread this only in the law school?"

Shen Mi shook his head. "The geomatics school's probably already in an uproar."

When he heard the word 'geomatics', Yue Zhishi stopped being so calm. His phone abruptly vibrated, and he thought it was going to be Song Yu — it turned out to be Jiang Yufan calling him.

He'd just accepted the call when Jiang Yufan opened his mouth and spat out fuck I'm so angry fuck. He seemed to be even more agitated than Yue Zhishi himself.

"You've heard as well? Were there posters attached to your school wall too?" Yue Zhishi asked.

"Posters?" Jiang Yufan questioned. "What posters? I'm talking about my Moments, the photo of you and Song Yu has already been reposted all over. People are still forwarding it around, open up your Moments and have a look."

Yue Zhishi usually didn't use his phone much when in class. He only tapped open his WeChat now; his main screen was filled with rows and rows of the red dots for unread messages. Ignoring them, he clicked open his Moments and scrolled down.

The photo of them kissing behind the sparkler essentially covered his entire feed.

"Do you know who was the first person to post it?" Yue Zhishi asked.

"No. I was in class, and I only realised when girls started to talk about it. There's definitely no way to find who it is now." Jiang Yufan was extremely angry. "Taking a photo — isn't this an infringement of your portrait rights!"