Chapter 59: The Road of Love

The wind blew Yue Zhishi's hair into disarray. He gazed at Song Yu, and he looked slightly helpless — but the words that left his mouth were very firm. "I'm not scared."

Song Yu had already guessed Yue Zhishi would reply that way. He truly was a very stubborn child.

And then, Yue Zhishi lowered his eyes very quickly. "I just feel a bit... distressed. I don't have the courage to look at her."

He thought of Lin Rong as his own mother, and he didn't want to hurt her at all.

The moment he'd seen Lin Rong, he remembered the jokes Lin Rong had once said about Song Yu dating. Even though she'd been teasing him, it was very obvious she hoped Song Yu could find a girl he liked and happily, peacefully spend their lives together.

Yue Zhishi didn't know what he should do.

"Don't think about it anymore." Song Yu saw the worry on his face. He wasn't willing to leave these complicated issues to him; they weren't Yue Zhishi's fault to begin with. "Let's just head up to your dorm first."

"Mn."

The dorm auntie warmly greeted them when they returned back to the dormitory building. "Your mom left?"

Yue Zhishi responded quietly, "Yes, she's gone home."

"Don't let your mom worry about you getting sick. She almost fell when she came in."

Yue Zhishi saw the pastries Lin Rong gave her — the packaging was easily recognisable. He could also imagine Lin Rong tripping and falling as she rushed in. She was sometimes very careless when she walked, and he was very similar to her that way.

With Lin Rong's request, Song Yu was allowed to go upstairs together with Yue Zhishi, and he was able to enter his dormitory whenever he liked.

It's not like he didn't know — he knew that as long as he signed the registration form and clearly expressed who he was, he could easily come to Yue Zhishi's dorm to take care of him. But he really needed a reason to have a space where he could be alone with Yue Zhishi, so he ended up renting an apartment without asking, lying to himself and pretending to others.

Luckily, fortunately, Yue Zhishi also liked him — at least for now. Or else he really would've made a decision based on too much one-sided wishful thinking.

It was Sunday, and there was no one else in the dorm. Yue Zhishi opened the door, turned on the light and crawled onto his own bed, grabbing his phone next to his pillow and also seeing the inhaler Lin Rong had left.

His mood wasn't very good. He came down from his bed, taking two sets of his own clothes from his wardrobe before putting them into his schoolbag, and also took his laptop and the turquoise stone Song Yu had given him.

Standing in front of Yue Zhishi's desk, Song Yu noticed the chicken soup Lin Rong had spent time and effort in making — as well as the little snacks and pastries she'd left onto each desk of Yue Zhishi's dorm mates. They were all placed neatly.

These same habits of hers were telling him — Yue Zhishi was also a 'son' Lin Rong had raised.

In a complicated mood, Song Yu could feel his body going slightly numb. He'd hidden from everyone all of those little thoughts he'd had in the past, and over the course of time, it had become habit to continue hiding. He had learned to digest and absorb those feelings by himself.

But right now, he was no longer alone. He'd promised to treasure Yue Zhishi, but that decision seemed to have also pulled Yue Zhishi into the abyss of self-blame and torment. Song Yu couldn't adjust, all of a sudden; he didn't know what was the right direction to take.