Chapter 80: The Heart Hiding Away Jade

On the second night of their hotel stay, Yue Zhishi and Song Yu soaked for a very long time in their bathtub with the beautiful ceiling to floor window.

It was wildly storming outside, yet the storm contained so many flashing neon lights. Leaning back against Song Yu's chest, Yue Zhishi gazed out, feeling as though he was observing an exquisite Christmas snow globe — the scene inside was so very fake.

Later, Song Yu moved Yue Zhishi's chin from the back, gently and silently raising Yue Zhishi's head, before lowering his own and kissing Yue Zhishi's forehead. After that, Yue Zhishi felt — it was them who were fake.

They were the ones who were locked away in the snow globe.

Before they went to sleep, Song Yu sat on the bed and said he wanted to listen to Yue Zhishi reciting his diary entries. It was nothing more than just random chatter, but Yue Zhishi actually went and brought out his diary — and not just one.

"Why'd you still bring these even though you were travelling so far away?" Song Yu randomly grabbed one of the diaries from the pile and flipped through it.

Yue Zhishi said, looking completely natural as though what he'd done was to be expected, "I thought you were still working outside. What if you couldn't fall asleep? If you called me, then I could've read something out for you."

Seemingly casually, Song Yu asked, "And if I didn't call you?"

"Then..." Yue Zhishi pressed his lips together and then pretended to breezily flip open a page. "Then I'd just carry them all back home. It's not like they're heavy."

Before even two seconds had passed, Yue Zhishi spoke again, insisting, "But I think you would've called me." He emphasised, not sure if he was persuading himself or Song Yu, "Song Yu, the quality of your sleep is truly very poor."

He didn't think Song Yu could argue about something so irrefutable.

"I don't have poor sleep."

"Then why ask me to read my diary to you everyday."

With his head lowered, Song Yu squeezed Yue Zhishi's clean and slender fingertips. "That's because I really missed you."

Yue Zhishi didn't think he'd be so candid all of a sudden, and for some reason, he started to stammer. "But, but you were still taking melatonin a while ago."

"Same reason," Song Yu quietly said.

And perhaps the confusion and anxiety towards not knowing how to face the future were included in there as well — after all, to someone like Song Yu who preferred to take and fulfil every step according to the time and order written in his plans, 'not knowing' was undoubtedly the hardest.

An impossible single-sided love wouldn't create so much pain since it was already established as 'impossible'. But what he faced was a love that was 'possible' and full of possibilities, yet would pull each other into the abyss.

Yue Zhishi lightly, softly kissed the side of Song Yu's face. "I really missed you too."

He said, voice very low, "I'm already used to missing you."

Choosing a diary entry that looked silly, Yue Zhishi started to read it out for Song Yu.

"I bumped into Xiao Yu gege's classmate today at the convenience store. I actually didn't have any money, I'm really poor, but he wanted me to go with him to buy some . And then Xiao Yu gege's classmate said I was cute and even gave me a packet of . My own classmate also gave me half a bag of spicy strips."

As he listened, Song Yu went through the other diary in his hand. It was quite different from the one Yue Zhishi was reading from; this diary seemed to have been written when he was in his first year of junior high. His handwriting was much nicer, no longer crooked and messy, with hints of how it'd look like after growing up.