Chapter 46: Two-Way Sleeping Aid

Yue Zhishi frowned as he looked at the screenshot Song Yu sent over.

[Yue Zhishi: You took a terrible looking screenshot of me, I'm all blurry]

[Gege: Don't change the topic.]

Yue Zhishi thought for a while and felt this was a great opportunity to give Song Yu a phone call. He prepared to press the voice call button, but he accidentally pressed the wrong option and sent over a video call request instead.

As he moved about in a panic, Yue Zhishi wanted to quickly hang up and send over a new request before Song Yu noticed — but Song Yu actually picked up the video call.

In the camera, Song Yu's side was completely dark, looking as if all the lights in his room had already been turned off. The only source of light was from Song Yu's phone screen, and it was only enough to illuminate Song Yu's face.

It was strange — Song Yu turned incredibly good-looking underneath this kind of light. The camera was very close to his face, and his facial features were very much magnified. It was almost as if he was right next to him.

Yue Zhishi stared at him for a little bit. His phone vibrated, so he left the video call screen to see a message from Song Yu.

[Gege: Why a video call?]

[Gege: Dorm lights are all off, I can't talk.]

Yue Zhishi returned back to the video call and gave Song Yu an OK hand sign, telling him, "I originally wanted to voice call, I just accidentally pressed the wrong button."

His phone vibrated again.

[Gege: Then I'm hanging up.]

Yue Zhishi immediately shook his head at Song Yu. "Don't don't don't, I want to video chat with you, just for a little while."

[Gege: Don't you have anything to explain?]

Yue Zhishi only then remembered why he originally wanted to call. "Ah, right. You were talking about games. I don't really play anymore, I haven't played even once ever since I came back. The guy in the screenshot is the classmate who played with me last time. I've told you this before, but how did you know it was him?"

In the video, Yue Zhishi could see Song Yu's flat lips. He didn't look very happy, so Yue Zhishi softened his voice and called out, gege. Only then did his phone vibrate again.

[Gege: I guessed.]

"You're so amazing, you got it right on the first guess. I actually only played with him two or three times. He plays more often with the other guys in our class."

[Gege: Are you guys close?]

After reading that message, Yue Zhishi picked up the yoghurt on his desk, took a sip and casually said, "We're okay. I get along well with everyone else in our class."

Song Yu typed in a few words, deciding at the end to delete and change the person he wanted to compare with.

[Gege: What about compared to Jiang Yufan.]

Yue Zhishi pretty much replied without a single bit of hesitation. "That's not a valid comparison at all, we only met in 2nd year after our year split class streams. Of course my relationship with Jiang Yufan is the strongest."

Song Yu felt the tightness in his chest relax upon hearing Yue Zhishi's words.

He didn't know whether his intuition was right or not, but he truly wasn't in a good mood after watching that video.

It wasn't often Yue Zhishi had the opportunity to video chat with Song Yu, so he took the chance to tell gege a bunch of stuff that had recently happened. How much weight Cotton Candy recently gained again, how many cans of cat food Orange ate every day — Song Yu's expression didn't change much under the camera, but he flipped over, looking as if he shifted over to a more comfortable, more relaxed sleeping position.