Chapter 60: A Perfect Exam Paper

Yue Zhishi rested in the apartment the last few days a bit too well — he originally didn't really lack sleep to begin with, and yet Song Yu turned him into someone with the habits of a long sleeper.

Knowing Yue Zhishi had a general education class at 10am, Song Yu got up at 7:30 and went out to the breakfast stalls outside the apartment's neighbourhood, buying the and Yue Zhishi liked. It was already 8am by the time he got back; he put down the breakfast items and entered Yue Zhishi's room, sitting on the edge of the bed. His hair all fluffed up and messy, Yue Zhishi was still sleeping deeply, hugging his pillow, and completely didn't sense someone had come into his room.

"Le Le," Song Yu softly called, his voice so soft it clearly wouldn't cause a reaction. He bent over, leaning closely next to his ear. "Time to get up."

Yue Zhishi shifted faintly, and his eyes squinted like a young baby chick. He released some vague noises through his nose before he flipped over, taking the pillow in his arms with him, and continued sleeping with his face towards the wall.

There was nothing Song Yu could do — it was still early, so he planned on letting Yue Zhishi continue sleeping. Picking up Yue Zhishi's arm, he squeezed out a bit of the allergic rash salve onto his fingers and lightly smeared it onto the area where the rash had been. After a few days of the salve, the rash had already mostly disappeared.

"Don't lick me... Cotton Candy, get out...."

Song Yu didn't know if he should laugh or cry once he heard Yue Zhishi's mumbles, and yet he found him too cute. He lifted up Yue Zhishi's arm after finishing with the salve and kissed the palm of his hand.

Yue Zhishi started to mumble again, as expected. "Go away, I want to sleep..." He flipped again, his face now facing the ceiling, and a piece of hair on his forehead that'd been pressed down now drifted straight up — it made him look a bit silly.

Song Yu reached out and pushed it down for him, but that chunk of hair was more stubborn than Yue Zhishi himself. He tried pushing it down several times, but it continued to stand back up. He was just about to get up and collect all the things Yue Zhishi was going to need to take to class, and then he heard Yue Zhishi murmuring out gege.

What dream was he having now.

Supporting himself with one hand on the blanket, Song Yu bent over again, wanting to hear Yue Zhishi sleep-talking. Except Yue Zhishi didn't continue, merely dropping back into his deep sleep. The shape of his lips was very pretty, the colour of them a pink blushing almost to red; combined with his curly, light-coloured hair and pale skin, he looked almost like an Adonis from one of those Middle Ages oil paintings. In mythology, someone like him was often portrayed as purely innocent and romantic to arouse desire from others. Song Yu very much identified with that desire, and so he lowered his head and kissed Yue Zhishi's lips.

His kiss lingered, and yet it was a peaceful kiss. It was a simple meeting of lips without a layer of heavy desire — like someone in prison kissing an unrestrained skylark passing by the edge of his window.

After standing up, Song Yu lightly adjusted the hair on Yue Zhishi's forehead. The cell phone next to Yue Zhishi's pillow suddenly rang; it was his alarm, and the deeply slumbering Yue Zhishi wrinkled his eyebrows, groping around everywhere to find his phone without even bothering to crack open his eyes. Song Yu helpfully stuffed the phone into his hand. "Here."

Yue Zhishi still didn't open his eyes. He held the phone with one hand, and he used his other hand's index finger to randomly poke at the screen, poking until he hit the button to turn off the alarm. The noise stopped, and he immediately fell back into sleep.