Chapter 96: Christmas Fireworks

Having received a pair of limited edition AJs before Christmas, Jiang Yufan was so excited he essentially forgot everything else, only awakening from his great exuberance in the afternoon. The more he thought about it, the more he was shocked.

How did Yue Zhishi become a couple with senior Song Yu!

And so he dragged Yue Zhishi into the sports ground. They talked the entire night — no alcohol, each person holding his own bottle of yellow peach yoghurt.

Jiang Yufan released a long sigh after hearing the entire story. He said to Yue Zhishi, "What a pity. If you two ever come out publicly, there'll be countless girls with broken hearts."

Yue Zhishi was about to say something, but Jiang Yufan caught his hand again and said to him as they arrived in front of their dormitory building, "Wait, maybe you shouldn't make your relationship public. I'm worried there'll be idiots cursing at you guys."

"Curse me for what?" Yue Zhishi blinked.

"Idiots will say whatever they can think of." Jiang Yufan shook his head in disdain, slipping an arm around Yue Zhishi's shoulders. "You know, those people who don't focus on their own lives and only care about how other people pass theirs. The kind of people who have nothing better to do than to flap their mouths and blabber nonsense."

"It's fine." Yue Zhishi remembered what Lin Rong had said. "We don't live for the sake of other people's mouths."

Jiang Yufan nodded. "I'll punch whoever says anything about you."

"No need for that," Yue Zhishi laughed, his shoulders shaking under Jiang Yufan's arm. They headed up the dormitory together, Yue Zhishi listening as Jiang Yufan described just how cool, how amazing his AJs looked and how much more it was now worth.

The festive atmosphere increased day by day, and all the small shops on campus started to adorn themselves with boxed apples, 3D cards with both winter cherry blossom and Christmas trees on them, as well as Christmas hats and red socks. Dessert shops, behind their warmly glowing glass windows, carried beautiful and exquisitely made gingerbread houses and , offered in both red and green.

A truck drove by and delivered a three metre high Christmas tree into the campus plaza. Students from some student society carried in a ladder and decorated the tree with small bells, gift boxes and silk ribbons.

A silver bauble fell down and rolled around a few times on the ground before coming to a stop in front of Yue Zhishi's feet. He crouched down, picked up the bauble and walked towards the Christmas tree.

"Your bauble." Yue Zhishi held out his arm and offered it to the girl standing on the ladder.

The girl lowered her head and was a bit surprised. "Oh, thank you!"

A gust of wind blew past, and Yue Zhishi held down his white woollen cap, snuffling his face into the scarf wrapped around his neck. He saw a poster board under the tree, and it said, in English, Merry Christmas and Kiss now — he curiously looked at it, and another girl gave him a friendly greeting as she twirled ribbons around the tree. She said, "Fellow student, do you have a girlfriend?"

Yue Zhishi subconsciously shook his head, looking at her.

"A boyfriend's fine, too," she laughed, covering her mouth. She then waved her hand. "I'm just joking. You should take a look at our event. Tomorrow's Christmas Eve. You can get a small present in exchange for kissing in front of this tree and leaving behind a polaroid~" She pointed at the large box by the side. "We have heaps of presents. We'll also upload the polaroids onto our social media account later, and the one that gets the most amount of likes will win a prize."