Chapter 77: Attack of Heavy Rain

Song Yu liked teasing Yue Zhishi since they'd been children, because Yue Zhishi was pure, docile and unequivocally believed in him.

No matter what he requested Yue Zhishi to do, Yue Zhishi would do it extremely happily and would even think being able to do something for him was an incomparable joy. When Song Yu realised this, he intentionally restrained his desire to ask for more — even though he truly longed to do so.

He frequently worried over Yue Zhishi using such a pure heart to treat just anyone. Whenever he thought of that possibility, Song Yu became irritated, even agonised.

Yue Zhishi had been born with a beautiful face that made people willing to get close to him and protect him; it lured you into intriguing, fanciful thoughts, yet it found any such conduct disgraceful. When he had been younger and secretly in love with Yue Zhishi, Song Yu had often felt anxious because of Yue Zhishi's displayed attachment to his older brother. If there was no way he could possess him, then Song Yu would rather Yue Zhishi never smile at him, never appear in front of him; he would rather they live like two completely unfamiliar strangers — and leave him a dignified way out.

He'd even gone as far to tell himself gloomily during sleepless nights: Yue Zhishi was actually a trap pretending to be innocent. The reliance, desire to please and warmth he displayed weren't targeted to anyone at all, and anyone who met him could also gain the illusion of being worshipped and loved. Wave after wave, everyone jumped in and was confined, just like him.

On one hand, to an insane degree, he wanted to possess him; on the other hand, he kept continuously persuading himself to set Yue Zhishi free. For so many years, Song Yu's feelings had been so isolated from each other.

And Yue Zhishi knew nothing of it.

"I don't know..." Yue Zhishi practically breathed out his answer to Song Yu's question. He didn't know if his reaction was because he was feeling guilty for lying, or because he was nervous.

He was clean like a piece of white paper. Any small movement from Song Yu could ramp up his temperature until he could be set on fire — the lightest touch, and he'd ignite.

Hearing Song Yu's question, Yue Zhishi inevitably had to think about that intimate couple and think about what they might be doing. But to be honest, he'd already forgotten how they looked — all of the ardent and feverish visions in his mind contained only his and Song Yu's figures.

They were overly close, the tips of their noses balanced against each other. The clean, pleasant-smelling fragrance on Song Yu's body bewitched Yue Zhishi and made him lean in closer; it was like a lure that was always guaranteed to succeed. His breathing grew uncontrollably heavier, and having not been able to wait for Song Yu's kiss, he couldn't help but press himself against Song Yu, attempting to fit their lips together.

But Song Yu backed away.

Confusion and the smallest bit of frustration appeared in Yue Zhishi's eyes.

"Answer my question." Song Yu stared at his eyes, voice exceptionally calm.

Understanding that his intentionally vague answer didn't succeed, Yue Zhishi's eyelashes lowered before he lifted his eyes to look at Song Yu and said, faltering, "...doing adult things."

There was some amusement in Song Yu's deep eyes. He raised a hand, his eyes falling to Yue Zhishi's lips, and crooked his knuckle to lightly scrape at Yue Zhishi's Adam's apple.

"What about you?"

Yue Zhishi opened his mouth, his heart about to surge out of his chest. Song Yu's hand stretched around his throat, the strength of it very light — the web between his thumb and index finger caught onto the side of his throat, and the pad of his thumb gently rubbed against Yue Zhishi's soft skin. "Do you want to?"