Chapter 65: Happy Birthday

Song Yu's reason disappeared for a few seconds before it briefly returned.

Yue Zhishi's eyes were very bright, and his cheeks and the tip of his nose were flushed from the cold wind. He looked very innocent as he gazed at him with his face upturned. When Song Yu didn't reply, he once again reached out a hand and held onto Song Yu's sleeve.

"Mn." Song Yu nodded.

The leads in the movie kissed, and waves of whistles and cheers sounded in the outdoor sports ground. Everyone watching the movie was at the height of their youth, and they were all either bashful or excited at the sight.

Hearing the noise, Yue Zhishi turned his head over to look before he turned back around. His ears slightly reddened.

Song Yu used to hate places with crowds of people, and he also used to hate it when other people followed along and made an uproar. But now, he unexpectedly felt a scene like this was very glorious; his sole regret was that he was unable to kiss Yue Zhishi here.

"You have to do what you promised me. You can't just say you'll do it." Yue Zhishi was very close to him. As the people around them continued to make a commotion, he rose on his tiptoes and said to Song Yu, "Anything you need me to do for you, I'll do."

Song Yu nodded. He knew Yue Zhishi wasn't someone who would say things he didn't mean, so he couldn't help but tease, "Anything?"

Yue Zhishi quickly nodded without even thinking, but he still added off one condition in the extremely low limits he held towards Song Yu. "As long as it's not illegal."

Song Yu was amused. "You sure do live up to your studies."

"Do you remember the sticker sheets I gave you when we were kids? You only used one." Yue Zhishi clutched his arm.

Song Yu asked in return, "I've used them before?"

"Yes! I was in your room asking you to play video games with me during the summer of your sixth year of elementary school." Yue Zhishi replied very rapidly, but he didn't look too happy when he next said, "You used one sheet in order to get me to be quiet for half an hour."

But Song Yu at that time hadn't even brought out them for Yue Zhishi to double check. After he said he'd use them, Yue Zhishi had gloomily left his room, silently believing he'd used one.

He honestly was capable of doing something like that. Song Yu thought about it for a little while, the memory floating into his mind.

He looked at Yue Zhishi's face again, and seeing him with his head lowered in dejection, he stroked the top of his hair. "So you remember things like that."

"I can't just remember the good things about you." With his head lowered, Yue Zhishi used a voice only he himself could hear and muttered, "Or else I would be even more hopeless."

Song Yu stood for a bit, and then he said the later half of the movie wasn't interesting to watch. He pulled Yue Zhishi's arm, taking him away from the huge crowds.

They instinctively walked forward, the unlit campus littered with all different kinds of undisturbed, secret places like a dash cam filled with easter egg videos. They opened one of them at random, sneaking inside, and shared a lingering kiss that belonged only to those in love. And then, under their identities as brothers, they exited and reentered the light of day.

One kiss was far from enough, but Yue Zhishi had no way of asking for more.

Yue Zhishi sunk into a slight sense of loss as he restrained his desire to ask for more. But he convinced himself — this was something he must learn to do in his journey towards growing up.