Chapter 40: An Isolated Island in the Rain

"Ah..." Yue Zhishi lowered his head and looked at his still wet umbrella. It really was transparent.

He was too foolish, trying to use a see-through umbrella as a shield.

"Didn't you say 6pm?" Song Yu asked.

Yue Zhishi pursed his lips and ended up clearly laying out his failed surprise plan to Song Yu. Song Yu didn't look too surprised, only nodding, and then asked if he'd eaten.

"Not yet." Yue Zhishi shook his head, explaining he'd come straight over after going home, but then he stood back up, taking his bag and preparing to leave. "Can your cafeterias pack food for takeaway? I don't want to eat here, you're already drenched through. Let's go back first and shower."

Song Yu silently accepted his suggestion and stood up as well, very naturally taking Yue Zhishi's bag off his shoulder and pulling it over his own before he went to grab the bag with the insulation container. He only said, "Hold your umbrella."

"Oh." Yue Zhishi securely held onto his umbrella and his flowers, and he followed behind his gege. Song Yu queried if there was anything he wanted to eat, but Yue Zhishi only said he wasn't hungry — he was completely focused on getting Song Yu into the shower, worried that he might be cold.

But Song Yu looked like he already had a destination in mind. He didn't consider too much and went directly to a window with a long line. He paused and squinted towards the front.

Yue Zhishi really liked this little movement of his — the little squint felt like something a big cat would do, and he felt it was very cute. Even though Song Yu and the word 'cute' were two completely isolated things, sometimes, that description would unconsciously jump out into Yue Zhishi's mind.

There were many people waiting in line. Yue Zhishi wanted to help Song Yu carry a bag, but he was rejected. Song Yu's fingers were still dripping with water; Yue Zhishi stretched out a fingertip and caught the droplets of water as they fell.

"Where's your umbrella?" he asked Song Yu.

Song Yu very quickly replied, "I've lent it to someone."

Yue Zhishi thought about what he'd seen under the school building. "Did you lend it to that girl? You only had one umbrella, and yet you still gave it to her."

If I'd known, I would've gone to pick you up.

"I don't want to share an umbrella with other people." The crowd of people slightly shifted upwards. Song Yu then said, "She's a classmate in the same group as me. There were some issues in our data collection, so she wanted to discuss it with me."

So that's what happened. Yue Zhishi nodded. "Then next time don't lend out your umbrella. Ah, no, that's not good." He himself felt that suggestion wasn't too chivalrous, so he changed what he was about to say. "If you'd called out to me, I would've stopped running. You wouldn't have gotten wet."

Song Yu wanted to say something, his lips moving, but he decided to give it up. He felt like Yue Zhishi might not even understand himself, so there was no need to confuse him even more.

They lined up to buy two portions of pineapple rice, and then they went to other windows to buy , and sweet and sour pork. They took them all back to Song Yu's dormitory.

Using his already drenched body as an excuse, Song Yu told Yue Zhishi to hold his umbrella by himself, but Yue Zhishi completely refused, insisting on sticking next to Song Yu. So Song Yu, who'd said he wasn't willing to share an umbrella with others, actively chose to lift up the umbrella, even though most of the clear umbrella was mainly tilted towards Yue Zhishi's side.