Chapter 51: Exclusive Favouritism

Song Yu stared at Yue Zhishi. He initially managed to keep a straight face, but he suddenly started to chuckle.

"Why are you laughing?" Yue Zhishi caught and shook Song Yu's shoulder twice, but Song Yu started laughing even harder. His amusement was different from usual — rather than just the corners of his mouth curling, his eyes curved too, and his entire person became livelier, more vibrant. The more Yue Zhishi told him not to laugh, the harder it was for Song Yu to hold back, and he eventually fell to the side.

"Honestly, what are you laughing about? What's so funny?"

But not only did Yue Zhishi not manage to get an answer, it was like he was infected as well, and he also inexplicably started to laugh, collapsing onto Song Yu's body. After they slightly calmed down, he again ordered Song Yu to not laugh; he also remembered his earlier question. "You're so unserious. You can't actually think he's better looking than I am, right?"

The amusement on Song Yu's face had still yet to fully fade away. "I think your brain's different from normal people's brains."

"How come you're doing personal attacks again?" Yue Zhishi pulled at Song Yu's clothes and used his phone like a small gavel to pound Song Yu's leg. "Silence. Do you have any objections to my opinion?"

"No objections. Is that okay, little judge?"

Song Yu gave him a look, his face appearing warmer and gentler after laughing.

Yue Zhishi somehow said okay, and then afterwards, thought he had been a bit silly.

He abruptly realised it had been a very long time since Song Yu had laughed like that. He searched through his memories, and it was very hard for Yue Zhishi to find a similar scene. In front of him, gege forever seemed to be a with a fixed program, carrying out orders unlikely to be wrong and forever doing the correct things.

Suddenly, Yue Zhishi sat straight and gazed at Song Yu's pair of dark eyes.

"Gege, you look the best when you're laughing."

Song Yu froze, but he didn't stay still for too long before he moved his eyes away. He even took away his phone in Yue Zhishi's hand, the laughter on his face already completely disappeared. He once again returned to the quiet, taciturn Song Yu.

The screen of his phone lit up, showing Qin Yan's missed call.

"I'm going to make a phone call."

After Song Yu got up and left, Yue Zhishi shifted and moved to rest against the bean bag Song Yu had just been on — gege's warmth still lingered on it. He replayed the last few minutes in his mind and felt he must've been thinking too much, causing Song Yu to laugh at him.

But he also hoped Song Yu could laugh more, just like then — it was fine even if he was making fun of him.

Time disappeared in a flash. Yue Zhishi was very happy when he received his letter of admission, and he was even happier to learn a few of his friends also got into the same university as him. Jiang Yufan's exam score may have been a bit low, but he had applied for an unpopular major and successfully entered Wuhan U to become Yue Zhishi's schoolmate.

What surprised Yue Zhishi the most was that on the day he went to Wuhan U for his first day, he found out Jiang Yufan had become his dorm mate.

"My major just so happened to have me as an extra person, so I need to live with other majors." Jiang Yufan was so happy he was beaming with joy. "At first I was a bit annoyed since this place is so far from my faculty building, but I didn't expect to live with you — the heavens must've been touched by our strong friendship!"