Chapter 85: Romantic Direction

After hearing Yue Zhishi's words, for a moment, Song Yu thought he was the luckiest person in the world.

The best child in the world had arrived to his side, had become his lover and had given all of himself to him.

There was nothing else worth regretting.

"What do you think?" Yue Zhishi rubbed the back of his neck, not quite daring to look at Song Yu's face after saying so much. "I only just managed to hold back from telling you. Ah, that's right," he caught Song Yu's sleeve and rolled up the cuff of the inner shirt for him to see, "I stitched this."

It was a row of numbers, and at first glance, it looked like a row of cold and indifferent binary numerals.

11011010

He revealed a very adorable smile and said to Song Yu in a very quiet voice, "Our birthdays."

"This could be considered as one of your birthday gifts. Out of all the outfits, I made only this shirt by hand." He said to Song Yu, "Xiao Qi taught me, and it took me a long time to finish it. It's for you."

"Then why were you prepared to let someone else wear it?" Song Yu made things difficult for him on purpose. "The shirt's first time wasn't even left to me."

"It's not like that." Yue Zhishi held his arm. "Chen Yu wasn't wearing this one..."

"There's another one, and that one doesn't have our birthday numbers on it. That one's not made by hand. It's in a box in the changing room, I put it there after Chen Yu took it off. I grabbed this one from my bag — it was meant to be for you."

Seeing him explain so docilely, Song Yu lifted a hand; he wanted to stroke Yue Zhishi's face, but with so many people around, he could only ruffle his hair.

He was very clear: Yue Zhishi, at nineteen years old, was already very mature and could calmly handle any problems. Even if he hadn't appeared today, it wasn't as if Yue Zhishi wouldn't be able to complete this fashion show; he would've had many, many ideas.

But when he remembered how Yue Zhishi had looked when struggling to hold back his surprise, when he saw these deeply hidden little heartfelt thoughts, Song Yu felt Yue Zhishi was still the same as when he'd been three years old, when he'd been six years old. In expressing his love, he was forever a pure and simple child, never asking for anything in return.

As they walked towards the changing room, Song Yu had his head down, examining the cuff. The numbers had been stitched neatly and carefully, and the remnants of the traced stitching pattern could still be seen. He unexpectedly discovered a dark blue embroidered decoration to the side of numbers — it looked like a set of Libra scales. There was a scorpion in its left scale, and a love heart in its right.

In the past, Song Yu would always sink into a kind of pessimistic anticipation that was very much out of character for himself, thinking that perhaps what Yue Zhishi felt for him was something similar to a nestling who had no way of parting with its childhood companion. He'd thought Yue Zhishi would one day understand what love was, leave him and then run towards the person who had actually stirred his heart.

But now, Song Yu understood — from the beginning to the end, it had simply been himself who had been too arrogant, too conceited.

The person he liked was a natural born romantic.

No one knew how to love someone better than Yue Zhishi did.

"Do you like it?" Yue Zhishi hoped to get a single word of praise, and so he slightly exaggerated as he told Song Yu just how long it'd taken him to make the shirt, just how hard it had been to use the sewing machine.