Chapter 75: The Status of Lover

Yue Zhishi thought his brain must've been utterly fogged up from his asthma attack to have kissed Song Yu in front of everyone in public.

His breathing had still yet to completely even out, and he was still very weak; he looked a bit pitiful when he pulled away. He was still very flustered, so he coughed again a few times, as though he really hoped the people around them didn't see the foolish thing he'd done. He hoped Song Yu wouldn't be harassed.

But Song Yu hugged him, face to face, and stroked his hand up and down the back of Yue Zhishi's head and his nape in comfort. "Everything's okay now." Reaching out, he picked up the cup of water on the floor and helped Yue Zhishi stand up, supporting him with his arms; he then said to the staff member gawking by the side, "I apologise for my boyfriend's asthma attack affecting your work. I'd like a cup of hot water with some sugar, please."

The staff member initially stared at him blankly before immediately nodding. "No problem. Please take a seat first."

Song Yu supported Yue Zhishi over to a sofa booth and then kissed his forehead. "Wait here for me."

He hurried over to the display counter they were just in front of and knelt down to pick up all of the items Yue Zhishi had spilled over the floor. He checked the medicine Yue Zhishi had brought with him, directly punching out the correct dosage of pills from the aluminium foil, and pushed both Yue Zhishi's luggage and backpack over to him after packing everything up.

Yue Zhishi was resting on top of the table, and he looked very helpless and miserable to Song Yu. He walked over, sat next to Yue Zhishi and tugged him into his arms, smoothing a hand down his back.

"You haven't eaten anything yet. What made you allergic?" Song Yu softly asked.

Yue Zhishi pushed his face into Song Yu's shoulder, feeling Song Yu's slightly damp coat. "I was very unlucky and accidentally bumped into the man carrying in flour. Actually, only a little bit of flour flew into the air, but I just so happened to breathe it in." His voice still sounded somewhat weak and breathless, and Song Yu seemed to really notice it — he hugged him with very gentle arms.

"It's good you listen and bring your meds with you wherever you go." Song Yu touched Yue Zhishi's hair and gave him the pills in his hand. "Any other allergic reactions?"

"Not so far." Yue Zhishi shook his head.

Song Yu was wearing a black coat, and Yue Zhishi noticed there were many, almost imperceptible, water droplets on his woollen coat. It looked like he'd gone through a drizzle, and that reminded him — Song Yu shouldn't have appeared here right at this very moment.

"Weren't you in the northwest? You said you'd come back two days from now."

"I also said that was the original plan. The rest of the people in the research team wanted to stay and travel for a few days as a group, but I thought I'd better come back earlier. After you later said you were going to Guangzhou and gave me your flight number, I decided to head there as well." Song Yu was lightly patting his back. "But I couldn't buy tickets for the earliest flight towards Guangzhou. I was worried something would happen after seeing all the news about the typhoon, so I called the airline. They told me your flight was going to be diverted."

"Luckily enough, it was really easy to buy a plane ticket to Changsha so I flew here directly."

Song Yu spoke in a particularly calm — even flat — voice about how he'd made his decision after so many unexpected events. He completely avoided talking about why he'd left his work early and travelled over to Changsha; he looked like he was just here for work, and was much calmer than the other travellers with their journeys delayed.