Chapter 87: Accidental Exchange of Partners

Yue Zhishi regretted opening his mouth.

After hearing that introduction, he knew what was coming.

Song Jin continued saying, "Professor Zhang said his daughter's studying geology in Florida, and she's now coming back to research military remote sensing. Your studies are fairly related, and plus the two of you are also similar in age — you two should have a lot of common topics to talk about. Since your professor's already asked, you may as well help him with this. You can also take Ms Zhang around Wuhan U and help her get familiar with her new environment."

Song Yu was focused on eating his food rather obstinately, and he waited until his father finished speaking before he abruptly said, "I'm a student, not a professional chauffeur."

"Xiao Yu." Lin Rong reached out and pressed a hand down on his arm. She gave him a look, and then turned her head to Song Jin, her entire heart worried about her son. "I don't think it's a good idea. How awkward would it be — they don't know each other, and now he suddenly has to go pick up the girl from the airport? Plus Xiao Yu doesn't like talking. What would we do if the entire trip turns out uncomfortable? Why don't have our own driver go."

"His professor's already asked for Song Yu. How would it look if we pushed the job to our driver? Song Yu still needs to follow the ways of the world." Song Jin put down his chopsticks. "I thought this entire thing was improper too, but since his professor's already opened his mouth and asked, I couldn't really refuse him. He is our child's professor, after all. We wouldn't be giving him any face."

And then, he looked towards Song Yu again. "While we're on that topic, Song Yu, you should make more friends. You come and go by yourself everyday — you may still be a student right now, but one day, you'll have to leave school and enter society. The way you are now, dad's always worrying about whether you'll be disadvantaged in the future.

"Gege has a lot of friends." Yue Zhishi couldn't help but retort for Song Yu. "Everyone in the basketball team really good friends with gege, as well as the people in the debate team. The people in his research lab all really like gege too, I've gone and met them before. They're all really nice people. My law school classmates also really adore gege. Uncle, gege's really good."

Song Jin sighed. "And you, protecting your brother every day. You can't carry him like this your entire life."

Yue Zhishi silently thought, of course I can, carrying him my entire life is exactly what I want to do.

"No, everything I said is true." There was an earnest look on Yue Zhishi's face. "Gege really does have a lot of friends. We always need to book a large private room every time we go out to eat."

"How about this." Seeing how Song Yu was refusing to communicate, Lin Rong attempted a compromise. "Le Le and Song Yu can go together. That way, we won't have to worry about dead silence with Le Le can be there to help ease the atmosphere. The entire matter's settled once she's picked up anyway."

"I'm not going." Song Yu was adamant, and he even looked like he was ready to leave the table. Yue Zhishi's heart felt uncomfortable — it was his birthday. He didn't want Song Yu to be unhappy.

"I'll pick her up," Yue Zhishi suggested. "I'll say gege's sick. I should be able to take his place since I'm a Wuhan U student too. I can take older sister around."

Song Yu's face hadn't fluctuated much over the entire conversation, but now he immediately frowned and turned his head to stare at Yue Zhishi. Yue Zhishi didn't understand what he was trying to say, simply thinking he could help Song Yu solve something troublesome. He thought what he'd done was very much worth being praised, so he winked at Song Yu.