A New Beginning

When I said later, I meant it. Anyway, here it is, everyone…the final chapter…

Calm down, Masumi. You better not fuck this up. Everything that I've dealt with has finally lead up to this. Whatever his answer will be, I'll accept it no matter what.

If he accepts me, I'll be more than happy.

If he rejects me…then I'm glad I've gathered enough courage to let all my feelings I've hidden from him. 

Am I nervous? Ofcourse. 

Am I scared that there's a high chance that I'll get rejected? Oh yeah.

Am I going to run away? Fuck no.

Just like what Mako said earlier, opportunities like this comes once in a lifetime. If I don't do this now, I'll end up regretting it for the rest of my life.

"Masumi? Are you okay?" 

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Kiyotaka waving his hand infront of me, catching my attention.

"Huh? Y-Yeah I'm fine. Sorry about that." 

Good job, Masumi. You're already fucking up.

"What is it you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Well…how did you like the suprise? Was it to your liking?"

Why the hell did I change the topic?! I should be direct about this, goddammit!

"It was unexpected for sure but I ended up enjoying myself and feeling quite better about myself thanks to you guys. Athough, you didn't have to do all that for me. All of you could've just invite yourselves in my room and it's enough for me to cheer me up." He replied.

I hate this man sometimes.

"We already did that, idiot. Now I'm actually glad Satsuki had to use extreme measures just to drag your lifeless ass out of there." 

We're getting off topic here but I had to get him comfortable first before he suspects something. I don't know how or why but he's so mysterious that he can tell what other people are feeling just by looking at them. It's kinda similar to Mako but more advanced.

It looks like I have no choice but to be blunt.

"Anyway, how are you feeling now? With the…you know…the whole issue regarding Karuizawa." 

He stayed silent as he sat down on his couch. I'm imagine the worst and he'll be back to being depressed again the moment I mention her name but it didn't look that way, to me atleast. 

After a few seconds, he looks up to me and spoke up.

"I'm getting there somehow. It still stings whenever I think about what she said that night. To be honest with you, this is the first time in my life I've ever felt this way, you know?"

He starts to open up a bit. Kinda surprising but I ain't gonna judge.

"I don't know to describe this. It doesn't hurt me in the outside, but right here…it gives me some sort of sharp pain in me." He pointed at a specific part of his chest.

"This only started the moment Kei told me her reasoning for on why she had to drop out and had to end our relationship. My heart started having unbearable pain that it was impossible even for me to rub it off. At first, these kind of emotions wouldn't affect me for one bit. Atleast, that's what I thought last year.