002

•C h a p t e r   t w o•

-M i g u e l-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ So look me in the eyes
Tell me what you see
Perfect paradise
Tearing at the seams
I wish I could escape
I don't wanna fake it
Wish I could erase it
Make your heart believe ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I open my eyes and it takes me a while to realize I'm not home. And not even on a bed.

I'm sitting on the chair with my head resting on the forearm of my hand, which is on the table in front of me. I'm still holding Derek Hale with my other hand.

I got good grades, so I decided to stay here. You know, I know Scott accepted me into the pack, but I want to prove to him that I deserve to be there. That I deserve to be part of his pack.

And if that's why I have to babysit a magical werewolf, then so be it.

I lift my head and see Deaton walk past me. "How's he doing?" I ask.

The vet turns to me. "His heart rate is alarmingly high."

I nod because I can hear it myself. It's much faster. "He's a lot warmer now," I remark.

I hear a bell and footsteps heading this way. I'm surprised to see Lydia. "Hello."

"Hey," I say.

Deaton walks over to Derek and stands next to me. "Valeria, I'm going to try something. I want you to keep holding his hand if that's okay."

"Sure. Why not," I grab his hand with my other hand.

Lydia stands across and watches the whole thing. "What are you going to do?"

The doctor doesn't answer and takes the scalpel instead. Confused, I watch him bring the scalpel closer to the werewolf's hand.

He starts cutting his arm, and it's bleeding. Before I can ask why he did it, his hand is healing. Immediately after the cut.

"Uh, I don't heal like that. He's like a better werewolf?" I ask when Deaton stops.

"No, he's not. That looks like it healed really fast," Lydia murmurs.

"Unusually fast."

I look at them. "What does it mean?"

"I'm not sure. Let's try something else. Grab me a five milliliter syringe. Top drawer," he tells me and Lydia. We both nod and go to the drawer