013

•C h a p t e r   t h i r t e e n•

-B a d   l u c k-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ 'Cause I'm in love with bad luck
I'm in love with bad luck
Move too close, get caught up
Move too close, get caught up ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I look out the window, but I don't see anyone down there. "This is going to be disastrous," I mumble and pull the phone out of my pocket.

Jane doesn't know that I wasn't home last night, and now I've texted her to say I'm sleeping at a friend's house. Since she thinks I'm mad at her, she doesn't mind.

Would you believe it if I said I don't give a damn about the Jacob right now?

I walk a few steps to Scott and Kira. "They'll be okay."

Derek looks at the pack of werewolves and some of the weapons in front of them. "They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters."

"That's why I called you."

He shrugs. "Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore, either."

Braeden loads her weapon and smirks. "That's why he called me!"

Kira frowns. "Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm? I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens- right-?"

"I hate to be a pessimist here, but that's very unlikely," I whisper.

They're coming for us. For all of us. And they're going to try to kill every last one of us.

Braeden looks at the gun in her hand. "Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?"

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it."

The machine that makes Deadpool work.

"We can hope so," I say, and look at the ground. "Stiles and Malia can handle it."

"What if there is no stopping it? What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" Brett asks, and the whole pack descends behind him.

"Then let's send a message," Derek shrugs. "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, Hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun-" he examines the magazine in the gun. "Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money is gonna be put on another list- our list. They get to be a name on our Deadpool."