035

•C h a p t e r   t h i r t y - f i v e•

C h a p t e r t h i r t y - f i v e•

-F r e s c o-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Your words up on the wall as you're praying for my fall
And the laughter in the halls and the names that I've been called
I stack it in my mind and I'm waiting for the time
When I show you what it's like to be words spit in a mic ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"There's nothing scarier than this hospital," I mumble, because every time everything bad happens here. I look around between Scott, Kira, and Stiles, but they all look into the reflection in the elevator door. "Literally, even the songs here play horrible. This is a hospital, not a cemetery."

With a tinkling, the door opens and I open my mouth in horror while we all step out. There is perhaps an endless line of corpses pushing on the deck chairs towards the morgue. "I really should learn when to be silent."

We stand next to the sheriff, who is leaning on a stick because he is still injured. Stiles grimly places his hand on his father's shoulder. "Who found 'em?"

Sheriff sighs and looks away from the dozen dead bodies. "Argent. And he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"A little bit," I answer quietly, and quickly look away, because a hand that is all blood peeked out of one bag. "Oh my God..."

Scott casts a worried look at Sheriff. "We've got a theory-"

Stiles nods and walks in front of his father. "It's a slightly terrifying theory..."

Sheriff gradually casts a glance at all of us. "Well, the M.E. said that the victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels."

Scott opens his eyes wide as if something has occurred to him. "Hey, what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies?"

"Like they have this as their hobby? Well, besides killing and doing experiments on teenagers? They will never stop surprising me."

Kira looks confused. "Why would they do that?"

"Think about it," Scott gives me a glance. "Maybe they're covering for it."

Sheriff watches us completely exhausted, and it's clear that he'd rather not hear the answer to his next question. "Protecting what?"

Scott bites his face from the inside and exchanges a worried look with Kira. "A werewolf."