Chapter 58 |The hospital|

Valeria's POV:

Valeria's POV:

We finally stopped fighting and headed for the door to get the hell out of here. I didn't run away from them to die a few hours later.

There's the sound of horses neighing from outside, and I exchange glances with Liam, who swallows hard and says: "They're here."

"Yeah, I heard them, too," I whisper, watching Sheriff reach for the gun on his belt. As if it was going to help him.

"How close?" he asks, because he's the only one of us who doesn't have supernatural hearing.

Theo frowns grimly. "Too close."

"How many?"

"I heard a couple horses, maybe more," Liam shrugs, and I'm getting sick of this whole situation. I have a really weird feeling that there's a lot of them out there. Like, a lot more.

"Five. I- I think five at most," Theo replies, not knowing it, so he refutes my thoughts. The problem is, I'm not sure.

Sheriff checks the magazine in the gun and then looks at us before he puts his hand on the handle. "Four of us, five of them. You ready?"

"No, it's going to kill us!" I blurt out, because we have to run. Not fight. We can't fight them without a plan. "We've got to at least come up with a plan, damn it!"

"Wait, are you kidding?" Theo nods and looks at Sheriff. "Valeria's right! Us against five Ghost Riders?"

Liam swallows hard and then takes a deep breath. "We can take 'em."

"They can take us," Theo retorts, trying to talk Sheriff and Liam out of it in any way, because he knows what's going to happen to them.

"Five of them?" I ask pessimistically, because we couldn't even stop one on his own.

"Four of us," Liam says, exchanging a look with me and smiling grimly. It's like he's sorry we got into this whole situation the way we got here.

"Yeah," Stilinski mutters, opening the door. Over his shoulder, I can see that there are not five of them, but at least twenty-five. He doesn't get to close the door when all of a sudden magic bullets start firing into him, so it doesn't take long for a green cloud to appear.

"Good thing there were only five, huh, Theo?" I blurt out in earnest at what I see in front of me.

Liam quickly grabs my arm and pulls me to one side so we can hide and not get shot. I kick the door shut with my foot.

I turn my head to one side and see Theo still standing on the other side of the door. I wait as soon as the shots stop and then grab him by the sleeve of the hoodie to pull him out of there.

"Three of us," he mutters, while I put my arm around him and give him a quick hug before we run out of the empty station and away. "Somebody get the car keys!"