Chapter 59 |Chemistry Classes|

Liam's POV:

Liam's POV:

I see Theo staring at me in anger and it's driving me crazy. I point the finger at him. "What's your problem all the time? If you don't like something, get up and get out! Nobody wants you here anyway!"

He laughs in amusement, and I stop for it. "Really? I think there's one person who wants me here."

"I don't know what she sees in you! You're the same son of a bitch who manipulated me into killing Scott. Who manipulated Donovan into attacking Stiles and so he was forced to kill him. You're still the same mean-spirited Theo Raeken we'll all die for when it's convenient!"

Theo stares at me for a moment, then clenches his hands into fists. "Where are you going to hide?"

"Here we are," I shrug, pointing my fingers at the door that leads to the big cold room.

We walk in and Theo frowns. "This is your brilliant idea? To barricade ourselves in the morgue?"

I open one of the freezers. "The Ghost Riders go after the living... So, we hide with the dead," I say, stopping when I notice one of the corpses lying inside.

Theo doesn't move, and he looks pretty disgusted. "I'm not getting in one of those."

I sigh and close it again. "Me neither."

Theo walks over to the door and looks through the glass to see if he can spot Valeria. The siren is still ringing in my ears, so I'm calm for now because it means we're all safe for now.

"Why are you still with her?" I ask suddenly, as this thought continues to eat away at me from within. "Why didn't you go away?"

"Why should I answer you?" Theo snaps back and leans against the wall next to the door.

"Do you want to get through her to Scott and become an Alpha in some way?" I walk up to him and shake my head. "I don't believe your little act you're playing here."

"I don't want to become an Alpha."

"Then what do you want?!" I raise my voice and take it a step further so I can rest my hands on the metal table. "What does Theo Raeken want if not what he most desired?"

"I just want to survive!" he shouts in a whisper, and he looks like he's going to kill me at any moment. "I just want to survive this nightmare, okay?"

I frown, because it feels like he's not saying everything. I raise my eyebrows. "That's not all."

"It is."

"It's not," I shake my head. "What the hell do you want, Theo?!"

"I want Valeria to live, okay?" he stops leaning against the wall and walks over to me. "I want her not to die!"

"Why?" I whisper, but I know the answer. I'm not stupid, and I'm not blind anymore. I mean, I've seen the way he looks at her.

"Don't you know?" Theo asks with a laugh that sounds sad rather than amused. I was hoping I was dreaming and it wasn't true. "I've always thought you were a fool, but you can't be that stupid, Liam."