004

•C h a p t e r   f o u r•

•C h a p t e r f o u r•

-W e r e - C h e e t a h ?-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Can't describe just how
But we're all just a beautiful mess
One moment we're broken and then we're fine ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

We're going to the field while Stiles is talking to Scott. "We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

We stop and I watch the action on the field. "I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

Stiles looks at him incredulously. "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?"

I watch Liam stand in the gate and catch all the shots. "I can't believe this."

"I also think," Stiles nods, and I step aside.

"Maybe he will be our new captain." I hear a voice.

"Yeah, maybe it's gonna be Wharton." I smile.

"We'll see."

"This kid gets on my nerves," I mumble and someone pulls me by my jersey, so I almost fall to the ground. I look at Stiles, who grabbed my arm. "Did you go nuts?"

"Who the hell is that?" he points to the field. Specifically, Liam.

"Liam Dunbar," I say, and Scott looks back at the goal. "He's a freshman just like me, and now let me go or I'll bite you," I snatch away my hand, which he held in his grip.

"I think you're bluffing because you threaten me all the time," he wags his finger in front of my face.

"Are you sure?" I light up my eyes and he moves his finger. Of course, I'm just kidding, and he knows it, but he's so scared of me. It's funny.

"You enjoy scaring me, don't you?"

"Yeah, and we both know it works," I laugh.

"Nice, Liam. You might just be our first ever freshman captain."

As soon as I hear this, I walk out onto the field. "Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit," Stiles says after me.

I walk up to Garrett and pick up a ball with a lacrosse stick. "So what, Liam? Can you catch it?" I call and he puts the helmet back on.