031

•C h a p t e r   t h i r t y - o n e•

C h a p t e r   t h i r t y - o n e•

-N e m e t o n-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Ain't no more tears
Ain't gonna cry
Boy, I'll do anything to get you off my mind ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

We found out at Stiles' house that someone had reported a teenager named Noah Patrick's missing. Afterwards, we drove to the school to get something from his locker from which we could catch his scent. Scott called Malia, too, which Stiles wasn't too happy about.

We are now in a railway depot, where his scent has taken us. He's probably hiding out here because what else would he be doing here, right?

We jump down onto the tracks and try to figure out exactly where Noah was running.

Scott and Malia are walking a few steps ahead of me because they're talking to each other while Stiles follows us looking for clues.

I only go in the middle because I don't want to choose between Scott and Stiles. They're both my friends, and it bothers me that they're so quarrelsome.

"He didn't want you to call me, did he?" Malia asks Scott. Not that I want to eavesdrop on them, but I'm not too far away to not hear it.

The werewolf sighs. "No. Is it that bad?"

"We kind of broke up, I guess," Malia nervously rubs her neck.

I was actually expecting something like this. Things didn't look great between them. Too bad, I think they were pretty good together.

Scott nods sadly. "Yeah, we kind of broke up, too."

Malia looks like she doesn't want to deal with her love life, so she quickens her pace. Scott follows her immediately, and in the meantime, I'm trying to catch a whiff of Noah. "Hey, you can tell me what's going on with you." She gives him a listless look, so Scott immediately clarifies what he meant. "I mean, besides Stiles. You can talk to me."

Even at a distance, I can tell he's not in the mood to talk about it. Like us, she's exhausted to death of everything that's happened to us. I'd rather be up against assassins again than this.

Can anyone even imagine me going through this six months ago? The inexperienced werewolf certainly couldn't handle it - I'd probably go crazy.