043

•C h a p t e r   f o r t y - t h r e e•

C h a p t e r   f o r t y - t h r e e•

-I p r o m i s e-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house, we're born
Into this world, we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I'm trying to find Liam or anyone at school to tell them what Stiles and I found. Lydia's already working on it with Malia.

"Valeria?" a girl's voice calls after me, and when I turn around, I find it's Sydney carrying pictures in her hand. "I got it for you, like you asked me to!"

I stop and smile. "Thank you so much! I owe you."

"No, it's okay. You helped me understand physics to avoid failing, so it's cool."

"Thanks so much, Sydney," I take the photos from her and find out it's three. I look at it and I see a picture with Liam, the photo of all of us, and then finally with Stiles holding me in his arms.

You know, Stiles is a real pain in the ass, but Sydney was right about something. If one of us was going to get killed, the other one would do anything to save the other one. I wouldn't hesitate for a second, and I bet he wouldn't either.

I put the pictures in my pocket and walk down the hall, when all of a sudden I see Liam talking to Hayden. "Hey!"

"Hi," they both reply, and turn their attention to me. I want to tell them on the way home what I figured out with Stiles, but we get interrupted by Mason running in.

"Hey, guys! Wait up!" he calls and comes to us. He lifts his compass into the air and repairs the cracked glass with a very thick layer of glue. "I fixed it."

Liam coughs nervously. "Uhh, perfect! Looks brand new."

Hayden frowns as if Liam might be a complete idiot. "He's going to notice."

"He'd have to be blind if he hadn't noticed," I fold my arms across my chest.

Mason shrugs and looks pretty confident. "Nah, he'll never notice. We'll just put the compass back and figure out a way to help Scott."

Hayden shakes her head. "Or, just put the compass back..."

"We can't leave it all to Scott."

I look at Hayden in disbelief and sigh. "Mason's right. I've been with Stiles now, and if what we think is confirmed, we'll all end up tangled up in it anyway. Same as always."