047

•C h a p t e r   f o r t y - s e v e n•

C h a p t e r f o r t y - s e v e n•

-J u s t   s h u t   u p-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Why don't you just shut up
I'm telling you we've had enough of
You and all your bullshit
We've heard it all before
Why don't you just shut up
I know you got to come but so what
Won't catch you on the fall cuz
You can't hurt us anymore ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"Okay, I have a question," Theo keeps his eyes on me while I just told him the whole story of how the Ghost Riders are here.

"What is it?"

"Why does my car look like it's been attacked by a bunch of possums and here," he reaches behind him in the back seat and holds up a paper box, "here's a pack of tampons?" He gives me a serious look. "Did you have to make my car a teenage lair?"

"Theodore!" I yelp in outrage. "First, put my tampons on the ground, and second, you know why I'm not home!"

He raises his eyebrows. "Since when did you call me by my whole first name?"

"That's your name, isn't it?" I snap and grab the box from his hands. "Theo, this isn't funny. No one but you remembers me," I admit, tossing the tampons into the back seats and then shoving the keys into the ignition so I can start the engine. "I don't know how long ago they last remembered me."

"That kind of sucks, but what am I supposed to do with it?" he frowns as he looks at me from the side. "If they've forgotten about you and can't remember, I can't do anything about it either. I'm a Chimera, not Copperfield."

I hit the brakes hard so that his head hits the deck in front of him. There's a crackin' in the bone in his nose.

"Fuck!" he screams painfully, catching his nose, which begins to bleed from his nose. "What the fuck are you doing, Valeria?! Have you lost your mind in addition to your identity?!" he starts to raise his voice at me and looks at me furiously. He straightens his nose to begin healing.

"I'm not kidding, Theo. This is not a game! I need to know how to stop this whole thing! How to stop the Wild Hunt!"

He laughs. He laughs while blood pours down his lips. "Stop it?" he asks, and his body starts shaking with laughter. "Don't be so naive, Princess."