030

•C h a p t e r   t h i r t y•

•C h a p t e r t h i r t y•

-A n o t h e r C h i m e r a-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please
Begging please ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I'm running to the hospital fast because Melissa texted me that Stiles' dad was hurt pretty bad.

Liam tried to call me, but every time I hung up on him. I'm very angry with him. I don't even want to see him now.

I'm not sure if I exaggerate sometimes, but this has touched me quite a bit.

I run down the hall and pause at the sight of Stiles standing in front of the nurse handing him the papers. "Stilinski, right? You said his insurance was with the county? He's a deputy?"

He shakes his head, and I can feel, even across the hall, how stressed he is, and how worried he is about his father. "No, he's the Sheriff. He's the county sheriff, okay? He's covered." Stiles touches his forehead. "I mean, he should be covered."

I walk over and put my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me and I give him quickly a hug. "I'm sure he'll be fine, Stiles."

I stand a little to one side with him as Melissa comes in, because she noticed Stiles arguing with a nurse here. She takes the papers he's supposed to sign, and Melissa gives the woman in front of us a sympathetic look. "I'll take care of it."

The woman goes somewhere and leaves us all alone. He pulls away from me, but I can still see the suppressed tears and unending guilt in his eyes.

Melissa looks at him anxiously. "I texted Scott. He's coming as soon as he can. I can call Malia?"

His heart skips a beat and starts going from side to side. "No, no, no. Don't call anyone."

The nurse comes back and interrupts our conversation. "Is there anyone else we should notify? And the next of kin?"

"No, it's me," he exhales desperately, rubbing his face. "It's just me."

I look away sadly because I know how it feels. I don't want Stiles to experience the feeling of losing both his parents.

She nods and says nothing back. Melissa gets a call from some doctors, so she gives us a quick look. "As soon as I hear something new, I'll tell you."

"Okay," I mutter, and turn to Stiles, who walks down the hall again, unnerving everyone around me. "Stiles," I grab his hand, and he stops. "Let's sit down."