011

•C h a p t e r   e l e v e n•

-I   a m   n o t   j e a l o u s-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Oh, baby, I can feel this feeling
That everything that you do gives me
It's been too long since somebody whispered
Shut up and kiss me
Shut up and kiss me ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I'm lying in bed and I keep rolling from side to side. Milo lay down on his cat's den because he couldn't stand the way I kept moving.

My phone rings and I reach for it. I'm surprised by the caller, since it's about 1 a.m. "Can't you go through the night without me?" I ask and close my eyes again.

"I have a problem," Liam says, panic in his voice. Behind him, the printer sounds loud. "A big problem."

I open my eyes sharply. "What is it?"

"My printer is constantly printing and cannot be turned off."

"Have you tried the printer shutdown button?" I roll my eyes.

"Of course I did, but it started printing itself, and it's papers from Deadpool."

"What?" I ask and get out of bed. "Liam, are you serious now?"

I hear the printer beeping in the background. "Yeah, do you hear? It can't be turned off, and it's printing a list of where I am. Valeria-"

"Put it out of the plug," I interrupt his words. "Just unplug it, or it won't stop."

The sound of the printer fades, and all I hear is Liam's rapid heartbeat. "Val, something has changed about the list."

"And what?"

"I'm not worth $3 million anymore, but-"

"How much?"

"18 million- I cost $18 million. Val, I-"

"Liam."

"I-"

"Liam, come to my place," I blurt out quickly and close my eyes. "Now get off the ground and come here."

"That's good. You don't have to-"

I look out the window. "Listen to me, okay? If you don't come here, I'm coming to you. I'm not leaving you alone right now. Nobody's home, so you can come."