044

•C h a p t e r   f o r t y - f o u r•

C h a p t e r   f o r t y - f o u r•

-P a r t o f m e-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ This is the part of me
That you're never gonna ever take away from me, no
This is the part of me
That you're never gonna ever take away from me, no ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Ever since I woke up in a strange Jeep this morning, I have a strange feeling like I may have forgotten an important thing in my life.

I have no idea what I was doing in someone else's car in the school parking lot, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to tell someone about it. But still, no one's going to deal with this when we have a problem with the Ghost Riders.

I have a bad idea that I'm onto something and I have no idea what. Or that maybe I should do something. My arm hurts for some reason, like something might have cut into it.

I run into a school where a lot of students are already on the move, having slept most of the morning's practice.

I rush to the locker room to change, but when I run through the door, it's like I show up at night in the school parking lot.

I look around in confusion and have to put my hand in front of my eyes because the wind starts blowing hard on me and the dead leaves from the trees fall on me. "Hello?" I call and take a step forward.

I get a fright when I hear the sound of hooves and the sound of horses neighing, too. I turn sharply backward, and I see a rider with his hat stuck to his forehead pointing a gun at me.

He jumps off his horse with a loud crash to the ground and fires. I jump into the side and run out of the parking lot because I don't want to be kidnapped and erased.

I fall to the ground and hit my head. That's when I open my eyes and find myself still in the girls' locker rooms. Now on the ground, and I'm having a lot of confused looks.

I shake my head and run away. No matter what I did last night. I know one thing for sure.

I'm next.

I'm one of the victims of the Wild Hunt.

Tears well up in my eyes and I breathe a sigh of relief to see Malia and Lydia heading into the yard. "Malia! Lydia!" I call out loud, but it doesn't stop. I have to go after them when they come running. "Stop right there, please."