032

•C h a p t e r   t h i r t y - t w o•

C h a p t e r t h i r t y - t w o•

-B r i l l i a n t i d e a-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Touch me
Why don't we kill each other slowly?
What can I say? Baby, what can I do?
The monster in me loves the monster in you ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I'm standing in front of a telecom relay station because Hayden's sister's car stopped here. Specifically, a police car. Maybe I put a GPS there to see how it is possible that she is alive and who is alive at all.

Hayden doesn't answer my messages and I don't know where she is at the rest of the time. It may not have been the best idea, but this is a pretty desperate situation.

I watch from a distance as Valerie gets out of the car and walks towards the building. I get out of the car and quickly run over to hers car window. I frown at the empty passenger seat and look into my reflection.

Great, Hayden isn't with her.

So I watched Valerie like crazy completely unnecessarily. I kneel on the ground and take the GPS transmitter from under the car, which I put there so laboriously all morning.

I get up and put it in my pocket. I furrow my eyebrows when I hear some quick footsteps behind me. In the middle of the night and in some disgusting place, it makes you completely paranoid.

I stretch out my hand and try to punch the person behind me. That person quickly ducks and grabs my leg, which I'm trying to kick him.

"What the hell are you doing here?! Do you understand that I was going to beat you now?!" I look at Liam in disbelief and he lets go of my leg. "You scared me," I try to hide the fact how much.

"Sorry, okay?" he raises his hands in the air. "I'm just-"

"What are you doing here?" I look at him and then at the entrance to the building to see if Valerie happens to be coming out.

"I texted to you. A lot of times. About wanting to talk, and I was also worried about why you were going to a place like this in the middle of the night," he points his finger next to the not-so-nice-looking building. 

"How did you know?" I raise an eyebrow and fold my hands on my chest. "I'm sure I didn't tell you."

"You may not, but maybe I found out it from someone else. By sheer coincidence, because they said-"