003

•C h a p t e r   t h r e e•

-W h a t   t h e   h e l l   i s   t h a t ?-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Sleep a lifetime
Yes, and breathe a last word
You can feel my hand on your own
I will be the last one
So I'll leave a light on
Let there be no darkness, in your heart ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I ran away from Stiles because I knew I'd be here sooner if I ran than if I rode with him in the jeep.

I run across the schoolyard and I hear a lot of strange noises. Like bones cracking. Suddenly I hear Scott howling.

"Scott," I whisper and turn the corner. I run into a huge figure. I look up to see some horrible giant wrapped in bones.

I jump back the minute he tries to slash me with the bone on his hand. He drives the bone into the wall and I run him around quickly.

I hear a fight upstairs, so Scott must be there. I run up the stairs and see Scott and Malia crawling on the ground away from the creatures.

"Hey!" I call and they both turn to me.

"Valeria, what are you doing?" Malia shouts at me, holding her bloody hand.

I swallow. "Saving your necks." They both run to me. "And I'm probably killing myself," I whisper and dodge the first monster.

"What the hell is that?" I call when I kick him in the stomach and somersault backwards.

Thank you very much for gymnastics and martial arts classes.

"Berserkers," I hear Scott say. I somersault away when they both come at me. They bump into themself and there's a booming crash.

"Valeria, look out!" Malia calls.

I jump back to my feet and I want to fend one off, but he grabs me by the throat and throws me far ahead, so I land next to Malia and Scott.

When I catch my breath, I turn my head to Malia. "How's it going?"

She rolls her eyes. "I think we're going to die."

"Oh, that's nice."

"Not today!" Kira leaps out of nowhere and pulls out her sword.

"Have I ever said she is cool?" I whisper.