048

•C h a p t e r   f o r t y - e i g h t•

C h a p t e r f o r t y - e i g h t•

-I ' m   a W e r e w o l f   l i k e y o u-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ No one's catching me unless I wanna be caught
I'm dancing in the shadows, ain't no leash when I walk
It's great to feel invincible, it's great to feel alive
My appetite's insatiable, there's nowhere it can hide ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"Wouldn't you rather shut up and get your raccoon hands off my shoulder?" I look at him angrily and then quickly swerve so I don't hit the pipe sticking out of the wall.

Theo rolls his eyes. "I wanted to be a gentleman, and I didn't want you to hit the pipe in the gutter."

"You and a gentleman? It's more likely you'll end up in hell," I laugh softly. "Oh, wait, that's already happened-"

I can't say anything else, because Theo pushes me against the wall and gives me a not-so-kind look. "Do you enjoy making fun of me?"

His nails clench into my hips while he stands close to me, that a slight movement would do and I could kiss him. Or punch him. "Yeah, Theo, I'm having so much fun. At least I'll forget how fucking useless our whole lives are," I don't look out of his eyes.

"I'm so sorry your perfect life fell apart, Love. You don't have your boyfriend, your pack and your family anymore. But from my own experience, you get used to it, don't worry."

"I won't get used to it because I'll find a way to bring it back," I snap back, almost escaping a slight growl. I don't understand why I can't control myself.

He laughs and then looks down at my lips before looking into my eyes again. "Okay, you're going to make it, and then what?"

"What then?" I furrow my brow in confusion.

"Do you think everything will be the same?" he asks, amused, his breath tickling my face. "The pack's cold to you, Liam's found a new girlfriend in less than a minute and you've revived the person everyone hates with all their hearts." One hand comes out on to my cheek and strokes it by his thumb.

I know I should push him away, but for some reason I won't.

"Do you think he'll forgive you? Or you to him for forgetting you so easily?"

I bend my cheek, so his hand falls back down. "I'll find out when I do. I don't want to live this life."

He steps backwards and suddenly a chill hits my body. "Get used to this rat life, because it's the best you can have," he says, amused. "I've lived this life for many years. I know what I'm talking about and I recognize a lost cause."