Chapter 68 |A hole in her head|

Valeria's POV:

Valeria's POV:

I watch Liam carefully drop me off next to the sink and take some towels in his hand, which he soaks with water. "You know I can wash that face myself, right?"

"I should have done something," Liam mutters as he looks at my bloodied face. "I'll just kill them now."

"Liam," I say, shaking my head. "No, it's not worth it, okay? I- I don't know. I don't know what to do."

He starts to clean my face of my blood, and I watch his focused expression. "Val, but Eric wasn't just trying to beat you. He even wanted to humiliate you."

"Yeah, for hitting him then," I nod, and feel him stop with a towel on my face. "He didn't even have to try very hard because no one was going to help me anyway. We look disgusting to them, Liam."

"I'm terribly sorry, Val," Liam whispers as he wipes my face slowly.

I place my hand on his face, which is still bloody. "Don't apologize. It wasn't your fault, Liam. It's Gabe, Nolan and Eric's fault, okay? And all those people's who just watched us get almost beaten to death," I say, and still can't shake the sickening feeling Eric put his lips on mine. I've never felt anything more disgusting than this.

"Still, I'm so sorry," he says, and I pull him into a brief embrace. Place my forehead on his shoulder and pull him between my legs, which hang down from the counter.

"I know, but don't blame yourself, okay?" I whisper into his shoulder, then kiss him slowly into that place. "It wasn't your fault. I didn't want you to help me."

Liam pulls away and then cleans my face, which he then takes in his hands and looks to see if there's any more blood. "I won't listen to you again, though. I never want to watch them try to beat you to death again. Or kiss you if you don't want to, Val. Next time, I'll kick their asses."

"Let's hope it doesn't happen," I say, then jump down. I take some towels and soak them in water so I can wipe the blood off Liam's face.

I put my hand on his chest and press him against the sink. He watches my lips the whole time, and I have my work cut out for me looking at his bloody cheeks.

I start to wipe the blood from his nose and see him watching me. I try to focus on his face and what I want to do, but I can't. For a while, I think he's going to start talking about the kiss I gave him, but he's not saying anything.

I don't regret that kiss I've wanted to make since the Ghost Riders came for me.

Don't get me wrong, there was definitely something between me and Theo. Mutual attraction definitely.

The problem was, the relationship with Liam didn't end like he hurt me or maybe I'd stop loving him. Because I didn't stop. I loved him all the time.

But Theo was right. Without me knowing, part of the reason I was with him was just to forget about Liam. And that's what I'm most sorry for, because I wasn't planning on hurting Theo this bad.