024

•C h a p t e r   t w e n t y - f o u r•

C h a p t e r t w e n t y - f o u r•

-T h e m e m o r y-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Everybody hurts sometimes
Everybody hurts someday, ayy ayy
But everything gon' be alright
Go and raise a glass and say, ayy ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I lay two red roses while I watch the headstone in front of me with two names.

Emily Wharton

Matthew Wharton

I touch the writing and wipe away the tear that runs down my face. I don't want to cry here because I've spent a lot of days sitting here crying into my hands.

I couldn't handle another day.

"How come I don't seem to know you at all?" I ask softly, though I know no one will answer. "Why have you lied to me and Jane all your lives?"

I turn around to make sure no one else is with me. "What would you say if I was a werewolf? And that my boyfriend is a werewolf? And that half my friends are supernatural?"

I sigh and shake my head. "You might be disappointed to see me now," I turn to leave. "And you probably are," I whisper.

^^^^

We walk through the door to the school building. I didn't get home until almost 3:00 last night. Fortunately, both Jane and Jacob were already asleep, so I have no problem with that.

In fact, it amazes me how many things I get away with perfectly.

"What if we need some kind of trigger? Wasn't Malia driving when she remembered the crash?" Scott thinks aloud.

"Yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" Stiles asks, avoiding the group of people who are coming against us.

"Maybe we should do what we always do? Don't put any pressure on the memory and wait for it to show up on its own?" I shrug, because it seems like a good plan.

"Maybe it's a delayed thing? Maybe you have to wait a couple hours to see what happens," Scott nods.

"Yeah, it'll probably take a while-" I pause as the lights start to flicker over us. We stop in the middle of the corridor and look at Kira.