014

•C h a p t e r   f o u r t e e n•

•C h a p t e r f o u r t e e n•

-C h i h u a h u a-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ So, I love my dog as much as I love you
But you may fade, my dog will always come through
All the pay I need comes a-shinin' through his eyes
I don't need no cold water to make me realize that ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"What is happening and where is Scott, Stiles?" I ask while I follow them into the boys' locker room. I'm ignoring the fact that some of them are walking around shirtless.

Stiles rolls his eyes. "Everything's fine. I got a text from him this morning, and he said he might be a little late."

Scott and late for the game? Just not coming to practice smacks of trouble.

Liam frowns. "Well, how late is late? Is he always late? We're playing Devenford Prep again, and this time it's an actual game. He shouldn't be late!"

"Who shouldn't be late?" the coach's voice comes from behind us. "Valeria, how many times have I told you this is the boys' locker room? I don't know if you can tell where the right side is or the left side is, but the girl's locker room is right across the hall."

Liam sighs. "Scott and Kira. They might be slightly late."

"Slightly late is still late. What are they doing?"

Stiles exchanges glances with me, and I can tell that he will now blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. "They're doing something that's going to make them slightly late-"

"They're doing something that's taking them a really long time," I shrug.

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?"

We all pause before there is a low laugh from Stiles. "Oh, Coach-"

He rolls his eyes. "Don't even finish that sentence, Stilinski- and you," Coach looks at me. "If I find you here again, I'll let you flunk the economy."

"I mean, she has excellent grades," murmurs Liam.

"For now," the coach shrugs. "You think I can't change it?"

"Actually, you can't exactly," Stiles says.

"Who asked for your opinion, Stilinski?" he turns to leave.