012

•C h a p t e r   t w e l v e•

•C h a p t e r t w e l v e•

-C o i n c i d e n c e-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I'm trying to find Scott or Malia, but I don't see any of them.

Every step makes me more and more sick. I'm dizzy and can barely see the my foot.

This is not an alcohol.

"Scott?" I call softly and push through a group of people.

"Hey, Valeria," I hear from some of the guys who are on my team. I tap with them with my fists and stagger aside.

"Malia-" I hear Scott's voice. I turn my head that way. "How much has he had to drink?"

"Not enough to get him like this," Mason says, worried.

I blink and my eyes light up golden. I can finally see a little bit of the road, so I'm going straight to the bench where Scott and Mason are.

"Scott?" I say, and he turns around. I close my eyes and feel my body fall to the ground.

Two hands grab me before I hit the grass. "I got you. God, you look totally messed up," Scott whispers.

"Scott- it's not-" I pause and sit next to Malia on the bench. "It's not-" I'm trying to say it's not alcohol.

Scott looks at me uneasily. "Something's happening. We need to get them out of here," he looks at Mason.

I lean back against the table and pat my cheeks. "Pull yourself together, Valeria," I mutter slowly.

"I think we're gonna have to-" Scott pauses and almost falls behind him. He's getting sick, too.

"How much did you drink?" Mason asks.

"Nothing- not even a sip."

I look at him and swallow. "It's not alcohol," I whisper.

He nods and thinks. "It's not the drinks. It's the music." He turns to the music where they play it. "I have to-" The music gets louder, and I think my head will crack. "I have to turn off the music. Don't let them out of your sight."