019

•C h a p t e r   n i n e t e e n•

C h a p t e r   n i n e t e e n•

-I n n e r   c i r c l e-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ Her husband was a hard working man
Just about a mile from here
His head was found in a driving wheel
But his body never was found ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I turn around and take one last look at the forest behind me. I have a terrible feeling that someone is standing on the edge of the forest watching every move I make.

I open the door and go inside while the sound of a bell rings above me. My heart is pounding incredibly fast, and a strong smell of wolfsbane stings my nose.

"Are you here?" I call and stop in front of the counter door. The clock is ticking loudly in my ears. I've had about three calls from Liam, but I immediately came here to the clinic.

Deaton appears through the door in his doctor's coat. He opens the door for me to pass, since Mountain Ash is inside. "Sorry, I forgot."

"It's okay," I nod and walk past him, box in hands. "Why are you still here?"

"I was busy, and then you called me," he says. "Why is that? You weren't very specific on the phone."

I wasn't. I was very scared, and I still am. Can't that be taken as a death threat?

We walk into a room where he normally treats animals. I hand him the box immediately and step back a few steps. He looks at me questioningly and I lean against the wall. "Just look."

He opens it and I close my eyes because my eyes are yellow. I take a deep breath and let it out, because I can handle this.

"Why so much duct tape?" he starts tearing up the papers and I hear the flower fall out. "I see."

I look at him. "What kind of wolfsbane is that?"

He takes the flower and places it on the table. "I'm pretty sure it's a yellow wolfsbane. I'm supposed to ask, where did you get that?"

"Better not," I shake my head and put my hand in front of my mouth to prevent any pain.

"Does Scott know about this?" he looks up from the table. "It's a pretty rare species."

"He doesn't know. I just found it," I lie. Yeah, I found it in an envelope someone left for me at home.

He raises an eyebrow. "I can see that."