037

•C h a p t e r   t h i r t y - s e v e n•

C h a p t e r t h i r t y - s e v e n•

-E s c a p e-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ They tell you that the sky might fall
They'll say that you might lose it all
So, I run until I hit that wall
Yeah, I learned my lesson, count my blessings
Look to the rising sun and run, run, run ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Six guards lock us in this hallway, where the door is open, but that's to a closed compartment that's separated from us by the strong border of Mountain Ash fed into the walls.

Three runs down on Scott, who is trying to fight with them. One punches Liam in the face and, in my attempt to free him, the two of them slam us in the chest with an electric baton, giving us an electric blow that throws us both to the ground.

Liam and I both scream out in pain because there are more volts than I could have imagined. Scott's still fighting three guards, and since we're all still weak from trying to cross the line of supernatural powder, he falls on his back just like Liam and I did.

Two of them constantly electrocute me, and one do this to Liam too. Scott's got a lot worse because there's three guards standing around him. Liam and I both cry out in pain and I start to smell the stench of burning flesh on my hand.

Scott tries to get up, but once again he's knocked down as if he's not even an Alpha. I can see in his eyes how he's worried about us because they're torturing us. They torture him, too, but his greatest fear is for us. He finds his strength and gets to his knees so the guard can strike better.

His red eyes light up and he roars at the top of his lungs like an Alpha. He punches them both in the face hard enough to make them both faint. One runs over to Scott while the other tries to kick me in the stomach.

I swerve quickly and grab his arm violently to twist it, as his baton subsequently falls out. I knock his legs out and punch him in the face as soon as he hits the ground. I kick out the gun and the guard who keeps hurting Liam.

He knock him down much like I did, and that way we all get to our feet and relax.

He quickly walks over to me and looks at my hand, which one of them has electrocuted so much that you can see the burnt skin. "I'm fine."

"Come on," Scott turns to us and walks out of this hallway. We both follow quickly. "We're getting Lydia out of here."

We want to go back to the stairs to get around in any way we can, but the door is held in one place and they don't want to move. It suddenly dawns on me what that means.