Chapter 54 |Decision|

Liam's POV:

Liam's POV:

"I have a slight feeling that Valeria won't like this," Theo remarks with an amused smile, and I roll my eyes. "Damn it, Malia," he hisses.

Malia yanks the chains Theo has wrapped around his hands again, so he almost falls to the ground. "When I say you're supposed to shut up, you shut up. Got it, Theo?"

I rub my forehead. "Was it necessary to get him here that way? Didn't he practically offer to help us?"

"He ran under my wheels, so I tied him up straight and chained him up," Malia shrugs and tugs at the chains again.

"You drove your car onto the sidewalk!" Theo snaps back and then stops, so Malia tries pulling the chains again, but he braces his feet on the ground so he doesn't move. "I'm not some fucking dog to be attached to chains!"

I sigh. "I'm not participating in this," I roll my eyes, as Malia gives me a look.

"You're right. If I had a dog, I wouldn't tie it to chains. The good thing is you're not a dog," Malia mutters, yanking the chains with force, so Theo has to move along or he'll fall to the ground. "I think even dogs have more rights than you do."

"I told you I'd help you, so the chains are totally unnecessary. I have no plans to run."

"Why would we be sure?" I ask and look at him. I frown when he shrugs. "Why didn't you disappear a long time ago?"

"You already know that, Liam," he replies derisively as he watches me. "When you spend so much time with someone, that person is hard to leave- oh, shit!" he falls to the ground because Malia threw him off. "I swear to God, when you let me out of this, I'll break your hands!"

Normally, I'd tell Malia that she doesn't have to be so hard on him, but I don't like what's going on between Valeria and Theo, so I'll let Malia do what she wants with him.

"This was a bad idea," I admit, sighing. I don't like it at all.

"It's not a bad idea," Malia says, shaking her head. "It could have been a lot worse, okay?"

Theo picks himself up off the ground. "It is a terrible idea. I told you where the transformer is. I told you how it works. And seeing as how you appreciate my help, I don't need to be there when it all blows up."

I roll my eyes. "It's not going to blow up! They ride the lightning. We can use that to catch one and keep him there until we figure out what they want. It's a good idea."

"You're trying to catch a Ghost Rider. A million things can go wrong. Terrible idea," he frowns. "I'm glad you're all willingly trying to cripple yourselves."

"Where's Valeria?" Malia asks instead and goes on the road again. Mentioning her name makes it hard for me.

I lost her. And I know that's partly my fault. I shouldn't have forgotten her, and I know she doesn't blame me. That doesn't mean I don't hate myself for it.