Chapter 10

Jamie's POV

Sean got back safe and as scheduled. He even got me those Bourbon Alfort Chocolate and Cocoa Cookies that I like when he asked what I wanted when he was going around during their free time. Chocolates, how do I explain it, bring taste to your bland day sometimes. It's one of my pick-me-ups. I don't drink coffee so these do the trick most often.

It's been months since we started seeing each other and the days have been constantly happy with him

It's been months since we started seeing each other and the days have been constantly happy with him. I'm feeling even more content than I've been in a long time. I know he's keeping his promise on that letter he wrote, to be "more than enough". But he is the right kind of "enough" for me. I guess I just have to keep showing and telling him that.

Because we talk things through and the conversations with him are the best ones, we never really get to any arguments the past months we've been dating. We banter on silly things but it's actually, what do you call it, a prelude to sweet nothings, quick hugs, and soft lingering kisses.

"I got an invite to a party. Will you be able to attend with me?"

"Whose party?"

"One of my colleagues at the partner-factory. He's one of the line engineers there and guides us with our project. They are having this themed party at their house, it's over the weekend of course as everyone got work. We gotta drive though for maybe at least an hour."

Sean and I are hanging out at the park today when he brought up a party invite

Sean and I are hanging out at the park today when he brought up a party invite. I guess it's time to meet some of his other friends huh?

"Okay, I'd go with you. When is it and what are we going to wear? I gotta prepare."

"It's on a Saturday a few weeks from now and I think we're to dress up a little fancy. I was told they usually have this themed party every year. Last year was about sports. He likes to spice up his birthday party like that. This year I was told it's like a vintage-casino or something."

"What do you plan on wearing? I need to probably unearth my closet for this." I laughed at the state my closet is in. I'm pretty sure it will take time to look for something that would fit.

"My suits are perfectly fine, I'll just probably wear a black three-piece." That's enticing. He looks great in suits. First time I met him at the study hall, he was wearing that powder blue suit that he carried so well.

"Since you're going to wear black, I'd just probably check if I still have my little black dress in my closet."

"That'll be a sight to see, you in a little black dress." I hit his shoulder for that remark. Yeah, I've not dressed up in a while, I know.

It's one of those days when we decided to just take out some books we've been wanting to read. I've been trying to finish "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera and he's reading "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" by Kate DiCamillo.

I lent him that book when he asked me if I could recommend something knowing that I have tons on my shelves. The book has this beautiful quote, "If you have no intention of loving or being loved, then the whole journey is pointless."

We stayed at the park until sunset. A favorite time of the day I've long taken for granted. What makes it better is that I'm here with him.