Chapter 17.1

Sean’s POV

Jamie is a great conversationalist

Jamie is a great conversationalist. She doesn't talk much with people she just met as she would  usually gauge them first and then make adjustments on how she responds afterwards. Once you get to know her though and she’s comfortable with you, it will be non-stop. She can carry any conversation and I credit that for her observant nature, interest in people, and being a wide reader.

I love hearing her talk.

That tone of her voice whenever she speaks is one of the sounds I would always make time to hear and her smart talks always keep me on my toes. I have to keep the cogs of my brain working, which is pretty great because a conversation with Jamie is like entering a whole different world you’d want to stay in for a while.

She disagrees a lot when I tell her that she’s sweet, she’d always say she’s just practical and being rational, but I have my own definition of sweet when it comes to Jamie. This note she just gave me, plus obliging to my request that she reads it out loud is included in that list of “Jamie is sweet” evidence. I have proof if anyone argues otherwise. She even thought of writing this card despite the stress she went through. I’m even more touched that she did this.

She loves leaving those small notes though, she’d stick them on my books or she’d write something on her books. Whether it’s a phrase or a word that seemed interesting, she’d encircle or underline and write notes on the edges. That’s why I love borrowing books from her shelves, those notes are little gateways to her thoughts while she was reading.

This card she just gave me and read will be in that special space where I keep them all.

I rubbed my nape when she finished. She thinks it’s cheesy, but I really don’t.

“That’s lovely and you’re welcome. You don’t have to thank me though as I know you’d do the same for me. Well, you already are. But I’d take you up on those backrubs one of these days, don’t worry.” I winked at her.

“I’m just glad that you’re finally going to get to sleep longer these days and I get to see you more often.” I added.

“Yeah. Plus your birthday is coming up pretty soon too so we’ll be able to celebrate without worrying about school stuff. You have your internship but at least the time is manageable.” she responded with that bright smile she has on since she arrived.