Chapter 18.1

Continued… Best Morning After?

Jamie’s POV

Last night was not planned, it didn’t even cross my mind that I will be staying overnight at his apartment. Such intimacies aren’t really and it comes to you the least time you hoped or thought it could - which can be golden, for the lack of a better word. And in our case, it was.

I didn’t know waking up next to him after what we shared last night would be this blissful. I’d admit I’ve been holding back the few times we almost crossed this line because I have to be sure that it’s not just something to do in this relationship rather it’s something that we both would feel it’s right to share. I don’t want it to just happen because it’s like a responsibility but want it because it’s what we are ready to experience.

When I looked at him last night while we were on the couch, I realized how he is always patient, waiting, and respectful. The depth of love he has for me, I won’t question. I thought, could I love him even more? I know I could and I would. It’s scary but as long as we’re both in this adventure together, I know we’ll be safe.

Sean took care of me last night, in all aspects. I couldn't be more thankful for that version of him. I know how hard it has been for him the times we had to put a break on what we were doing. I had a hard time, what more in his case.

He was gentle. I realized that whenever I whimpered he would suppress them with his kisses and I laugh at the thought. He made sure he doesn’t pick up the speed because it would end too soon. I guess he waited this long to get the long foreplay over to just end it in a few seconds.

It was the best sensation I have felt and I am happy that it’s with him, I know it was for him to. This was beyond lust or the sexual pleasure we are all inclined to.

We cuddled for the longest time and I didn't realize I fell asleep with his caresses and the sound of his voice until I felt him get out of bed. Or was he getting back to bed? I’m not sure.

“I’m sorry, didn't mean to wake you.”

He had his boxers on already and I can see him clearly. I know he’s toned but those pecs and abs are giving me different ideas.

I propped myself up and answered him back, “It’s okay, I’m sorry I fell asleep. I’m going to shower.”

I still have my bag with me because I came straight here after visiting my family.

“Okay, I’ll get you fresh towels.”

Waiting for the right water temperature, I heard him knock on the door and said that he has towels with him. I didn’t lock it because he’s the only one outside so I told him to leave it on the counter. I’m wearing his oversized t-shirt still when he gave me a look I know all too well.

This is the other end of that spectrum I mentioned earlier, which of course is human nature and I won’t be denying that aspect as well. I’m not that prude like what my cousin Rada said. Let’s just say the water got a little hotter and the shower got even steamier.

I’ve been staring at him for a few minutes and I don’t know how we’d react to each other when he wakes up. I am happy to see his face like this in the morning though.

“Hmm, I know you’re awake and staring. I can hear your brain cogs turning with all the thinking you’re doing. Stop it.” He said with a cute small smile on his handsome face, eyes still closed.

He came closer for a cuddle and whispered, “I love you, good morning

He came closer for a cuddle and whispered, “I love you, good morning.” Then kissed my neck right after.

Why do you sound like that in the morning? I still have not recovered from all the emotions among other things I went through last night and you’re sounding a little, ya know, inviting, well, enticing. That’s just my mind having a conversation with itself.

“Uuhhmm… Good morning. I love you, too.” I hugged him back. We’ve been throwing I love yous since last night.

He chuckled.

“Are you feeling okay?” He’s now looking at me with the softest eyes and I’m getting embarrassed.

“I am…”

“Thank you.” He said with a contented sigh.

“What for?”

“For you. Thank you….for you.”

Could you be anymore sweeter? Again, my head is responding but I cannot say it out loud. I should give this brain a microphone so that Sean can hear these thoughts. But there’s an unspoken understanding of what he meant by what he said.

“Uuhh.. Happy Happy Birthday… in advance?”

He’s shaking with laughter and trying to catch his breath after he heard what I said.

“Baby, if that’s the birthday present I would always get in advance, I’d wish that it’s my birthday every single day.”

I covered his mouth with my hand, that sounded too suggestive in the morning. He propped himself up to try to get a better look at me and I started teasing him by covering my face with my hands.

“Heeeeey, come on, get your hands off your face, I want to see you

“Heeeeey, come on, get your hands off your face, I want to see you.”

“Nooooo! You can’t. It’s my morning bare face! I’m going to the bathroom!”

He held me in place, never letting me get out of bed.

“Oh, I’ve seen that before and I’ve seen more. No need to hide. Come here.”

If this continues, we’re probably not going to get out of this bed for a while. But I am hungry. For food. Not anything else but food.

“I’m hungry, get up please. I’ll make you breakfast.” I’m trying to drag him out of bed but he’s not moving.

“Stay in bed.” That’s all he responded.

“You can stay in bed, but I’ll prepare breakfast. I need to get up. I’m really hungry, I can hear my stomach growling.”

He grunted. As if he had no choice, he got up with a pout on his lips and followed me out to the kitchen.