Chapter 27

Channel Switch: Back to CH 999

Jamie's POV

“I’ve finally put my last hour in as an intern!” Sean called me when he got off at the factory.

“Congratulations! I’m so proud of you!”

“I’ll come get you there. We’re going to celebrate!” He’s so happy. He can finally say that he has graduated from his program. He needs to do the last final presentation but that’s just going to be for formalities because his project has been in full swing, patented, and only the full production awaits.

“Yes, Sean Stark, I’ll see you later. Please be careful driving. Call your parents too!”

“Will do, Dr. Jamie Grey! Bye!”

We never changed our phone contact names and we usually use those names to each other whenever we could. I guess to always remind us of what we’re supposed to achieve and why we are actually going through the hoops to get to our goal.

I still have a few months before I finish mine. I’ve been clocking in more hours whenever possible and also volunteering to the kids in that place where Sean took me for our anniversary. Two hours there is definitely more productive than just staying at home and veg. We got to be more productive and help the kids learn more.

I saw Sean’s car pulling up and I walked near the curb to wait for him.

“Hi!” I opened the door and got inside the car, gave him a kiss on the cheek and he started driving.

“How’s your day?” He asked.

“Received a challenging case today. I’m still trying to figure out what I can do to help her after her initial evaluation and records. I’m going to process the assessment tomorrow too. This might be intense.” I sighed.
“Sounds like one. I hope you get to see ways to help your client soon.” He sounded concerned

“Yeah, I hope so. I think I’m going to get help from one of our seniors but I’ll handle this mainly. It’s not going to be easy. I think she’s going to be admitted to, depending on tomorrow’s final evaluation. Anyway, let’s talk about your day!”

I had to change the topic because it might be more sensitive if we talk more about it. I hope I can figure it out soon so that I can help right away.

“Guess they are keeping me there. Well it was actually bound to be offered because the machine will be in full production. The Research and Development part is done. That was about four years! I think I’m going to have a newborn once that gets in full production and other companies get to use the machine.”

“You just have one final presentation right? When will that be?”

“I think they’re scheduling it two months from now.”

We picked up some groceries along the way as we planned to just stay in my apartment tonight and just eat dinner there. I need to be early at the hospital tomorrow and he needs to go to the campus to meet his adviser to see how they will prepare the final deck.

“Can I shower quickly here first? I feel like I need to, I’ve been sweating the entire afternoon because of all the running around and I don’t like the icky feeling.”

He always has his overnight bag in his car. He usually needs it when he plays bowling or soccer unplanned. He’d always oblige, especially if it’s Pete and their friends asking.

“Of course.” I decided to wash up later but changed into comfortable clothes.

I wore my lounge pants and a blue shirt, I think it’s one of his shirts I borrowed before but, it’s mine now. I saw him get out wearing a blue hoodie and checkered shorts. I laughed at our state, we have reduced to this. Instead of going out or dining in a restaurant, we’d always choose to chill at our apartments or just hang out at our friends place for a few drinks, mostly Pete’s.