Chapter 26

Channel Switch: CH 730

Jamie's POV

“I’m sending you the address, I’ll see you there.”

“You’re not picking me up?”

“I’m sorry, I won’t be able to. Something came up and we might not make the reservation if I still go to the hospital and then drive us to the restaurant. You might wait too long and I don’t want you to. The place is halfway so it’ll save us both time.”

It’s our second year anniversary and Sean told me this morning that he’s going to pick me up for dinner but here he is changing plans and making me go to the restaurant alone.

“Okay. I’ll call you when I’m on the way. Bye.” I hung up after he said his goodbyes.

I’m pretty sure he’ll explain later why the change of plans. After that talk we had when I got really mad at him because of what happened the night before, he always made sure that he’d explain himself whenever needed. He made up for it like he promised and continued to do so.

I don’t like raising voices. It’s never a good thing because no matter how simple the words are, if said in a very bad tone, it would hurt and you won’t be able to take that feeling back. Arguments are sometimes inevitable, it will and can happen because not everything can be smooth sailing. Not everyone can be understanding and have clear minds every time too. We still do but we never leave it unsettled like what happened that night because it never felt good for both of us.

The weeks leading up to our anniversary, I know he’s been extra attentive. It's pretty difficult to surprise me and he knows it so well now. That gives him a hard time because even if he wanted to, if I figured it out, it ruins the plan and I feel bad about it. I always apologize to him every time it happens but because he’s Sean, he learned that grand surprises are the easiest one to spot, the simple ones are not and that’s where he gets me the most.

We didn’t plan anything huge today because we couldn’t get off work, the last time we went out of town was a few months ago when we both needed a break. It was just spontaneous. We just decided to take a day off at work on a Friday and stayed in the province the entire weekend. It was nice, relaxing, and simple. Out of the country trips wouldn’t be possible at this time especially when he’s almost done with his internship in the next few months while I’ll be done in less than a year and will start preparing for the National Exam.

I arrived at the address Sean sent me and this is not entirely just a restaurant. It’s a quaint place with books you can probably buy or borrow. I tried to call him but he’s not answering so I figured he might be driving and I just arrived before him.

Walking towards the entrance door, I found a note with my name on it.