Author's Note

Dear Love Channels’ Readers,

It has been my pleasure to share this IU and Kim Soo Hyun AU, Love Channels with you, my first and maybe the last one haha! Honestly, it's been a while since I last wrote something and actually finished it. I’m even surprised that I was able to do this in about a month or so cause I never truly finish anything I write. They always remain as drafts and never full blown, or just scribbles and ideas. Mostly they are in my journals that I keep for self reflection or just random entries.

Thank you for appreciating what I could offer in Love Channels. I am grateful for those who read this until the very last word. It was sometimes a struggle because of the timeline and how far some days go - based on the channel numbers, but I hope that the continuity of the story was still there and you enjoyed it.

This was supposed to be just one shot but it developed into a mini-AU. It was challenging to keep going and sustain this and I asked myself in between what I even got myself into. Ideas could run out, scenarios too and most definitely I didn't even want to break Jamie and Sean up but it was necessary because of the Ending Scene MV.

I’m not sure  if I gave them justice. So if I didn’t in your opinion, I am sorry if I lacked on that part, sincerely. I also would like to apologize if the last chapters felt rushed, this week has been something but since I committed to finishing this mini-AU based on the channels on the Ending Scene MV and the schedules, I have to follow through and make do with my promise.

I am grateful for my newfound friend that urged me to pitch in for her twitter handle @time_buzzer that mostly posts IU x Soo Hyun AU. Thank you for sharing your space because I did not want to use mine. I didn’t know I could finish this, really, but here we are at the end of it. Thank you, Tibby for the push, I am grateful - truly. Keep writing stories, it’s a beautiful adventure and escape from reality that those who are able should always try to experience no matter where the stories are written or to whom they are shared, if shared at all. Also, your cameo in this shall always be a gem in our eyes. hahaha!

We lost our chance to hang out with people we love to hang out with, not being able to do what we wanted to do freely, and just to simply enjoy nature whenever we can without the worries of this pandemic along with several calamities. Some of us had to make major adjustments, some may have lost someone or something important but I hope that those of you who read this were able to find comfort in one way or another and learned something along the way, despite the ending of this story. I hope you’re hanging in there and continuing to move forward.

I am mostly out and don’t really stay much online, if I can help it, but this year (2020) has made me appreciate what I have and just stay put. I hope it was the same for you. We’ve been moving way too fast in life that sometimes we forget to pause, enjoy what we presently have, and be closer to family and friends - even make new ones online (but always be safe online, please). I’m not saying that this pandemic is good, just picking out what I learned from it the whole year.

One good thing, among other things, is appreciating and loving IU / Ji Eun as an artist and as a person. She has been such an inspiration for me during this quarantine as the entire year has not been good for all of us. Her music is a lifeline. Well, music in general is one of my lifelines, but hers is a welcome addition that I didn’t know I needed. There’s so much to say about how Ji Eun has inspired us all, but I will keep it short: She and her artistry will always be a lifeline for me.

No matter how many this IU x Kim Soo Hyun AU has reached, even just a few, I am thankful that this kept you company in some way.

Hope is what pushes us to continue what we ought to do.
Love, no matter what form or to and from whom it is given or received, fuels us to do what we do.
Kindness gives us strength to keep looking forward to something better.

Be kind, whenever and in whatever ways, aspects, or form to anyone, everyone. Even if it gets hard sometimes.

Thank you. This is Lily of the Valley, signing off.

PS.

To our small group of AU-Club (kinda like a book club but that DOES NOT really talk much about the AU story) if we can call it that, you know who you are. Please don’t be mad at me for hiding under my pseudonym up until now. I just didn’t know if I could finish this so I had to be behind the curtain for a while to temper expectations. But hey, I did finish the story! Hahaha! It’s a pleasure to see your reactions and help me build better scenarios right after. Thank you very much for being a crazy bunch. It’s always fun talking to everyone.

Lily of the Valley |12.12.2020

PPS:

Btw, since you reached this part and because I love End Credits in movies. Continue on. A little gift for everyone.

------
time_buzzer's note:
Thank you so much to my dear friend for sharing her hidden talent. For giving us the "ending scene" that we deserved.

And if she decides to write once more in the future, I won't mind sharing this space to her anytime 😉

To the readers, feel free to leave some comments, share your thoughts, share your pains and show some ⭐ anywhere in the story. We would highly appreciate it.