Chapter 11

Jamie's POV

I am glad that I still have that black dress in the closet. I put on the pearls my grandmother gifted me a few Christmases ago. I just have to properly and subtly accessorize. I should bring sunglasses and some scarf to pair this with. I sent him a text message and a picture of what I was wearing, debating if my gloves are alright or if I should change it to a shorter one.

“Do these gloves look alright or do I change it to shorter ones? 🙆”

“👑 you look like a Princess 😍. Shorter one I guess would be better but all the rest - stunning! Is this good? Should I change?”

 Shorter one I guess would be better but all the rest - stunning! Is this good? Should I change?”

“That’s just perfect. You always look great in a suit. 💕 What time will you be picking me up?”

We have to leave early because the drive is about an hour - traffic jams included in the equation. I’m a little bit preoccupied with my thoughts while we’re on the road as this will be the very first time we will be in a social gathering. I’ve met a few of his classmates, I know some of his friends - Pete of course our common friend, he’s also met some of my friends at school but this one is a whole new setting for me.

Meeting work (partner-factory) friends requires prescribed social behaviors. I’m not the best person in large crowds as I tend to be wary of what I would say or do, especially if I’d be meeting new people. I’m too careful for my own good that sometimes people perceive me as disinterested which in fact I’m just a bit of an introvert myself.

“You’ll have fun I’m sure. Don’t worry about it.” Sean, sensing that my head is swirling with scenarios.

“Yeah, I will. You’re there. You’re the extra fun in this.” I smiled at him while he gave me a quick glance. Then after squeezed my hand quickly before bringing it back to the steering wheel.

Driving was a breeze, we weren’t in a traffic jam as we expected on a Saturday and arrived at the venue just about the right time. We started going around and I got introduced to a few people already. They seemed nice and have mentioned that they heard about me. After some pleasantries, Sean asked if I wanted to play cards while we waited for some other people he’d want to introduce me to.