Chapter 13.1

• Channel 88 •

I’m so glad we don’t have lab work today otherwise I’m going to regret not being able to go to class so bad. If I can help it, I’d still go even if I’m nursing a headache or too tired. I chose this career path and perfectly understood what I was getting myself into so I have to keep motivating myself even if there are certain difficulties or humps along the way. Whatever other people say, I’ll always be the one who can determine and decide on what my disposition will be at the end of the day.

I needed to rush because he’s outside waiting and I’m actually pretty hungry. I decided to wear my all pink loungewear this afternoon. He’s already seen me in my “I just got out of bed” state and this is way better than that.

“Finally, come on let’s eat, you must be hungry

“Finally, come on let’s eat, you must be hungry. These might be weird food combos though.” Then he proceeded to hand me chopsticks and filled my bowl with samgyetang. He found every utensil he needed to set this table.

“Don’t you have class this afternoon?” I said in between stuffing my mouth with food. “Where did you buy these? Oh these taste so good!”

“One, I do, but informed my professor that I am missing class this afternoon because of an emergency. Two, I got these at the restaurant near my apartment after I changed into these clothes before heading here. Three, you are hungry!”

I glared at him while shaking my head. I guess it’s okay for him to stay here until later, I wouldn't want to waste the time he spared this afternoon to check on me. Besides he’s still worried I’m not feeling better when in fact the oversleeping did the trick. I asked him to stay til later in which he agreed to.

We continued eating our late lunch. These choices do kinda look off, he must have been really worried about me earlier that the food seemingly did not have any connection with one other - he literally picked anything.

“If you want to brush your teeth, I have new ones in the cabinet. Upper right.” I told him when he walked towards the restroom after I brushed my teeth.

“I was actually going to ask you if you have some spare. I can smell all sorts of spices when I speak, I’d be able to name them all if you make me guess which ones they are.” He declared while chuckling at his own silliness.

He joined me on the couch right after, his back on me and I started giving him a massage. We started to have that talk we put aside earlier.

“Were you disappointed? You know, when I did not call you that?” I began

“Call me what?” I know he’s teasing me picking from the pitch of his voice so I pinched his side. He’s a bit ticklish there and begged me to stop.

 He’s a bit ticklish there and begged me to stop

“Come on get serious, please. Tell me honestly.”

He turned around to face me.

“Well, considering your personality in the equation, I was not. I understood that it’s really not in your nature to use such endearments, it’ll take you time. So I never really tried to repeat it after that day when you said yes. I accepted that fact among other things I know I will willingly accept and understand in the near future. You’re quite rational for my own good too but I like that better though. But I’d be lying if I say I wasn’t hoping that you would call me “baby” somewhere between that day and now.”

“And?” I urged him to continue.

“Wait, are you psychoanalysing me?” He gave me a questioning look.

“Of course not! Why would you think that? I like listening to you talk.”

“It seems I am going to do all the sensible talking today. I must be rubbing off on you. Anyway, like I promised, if you’re not comfortable doing or saying something I will always give you that choice to opt not to. I won’t put you in that emotional rollercoaster - though even if I try, that’ll be quite challenging too.”

“Hey! I’m not made of stone!” I pinched his side again.

“Awwww! Stop it! I thought you wanted to have a talk. Stop messing around.” he protested.

“I’m sorry if I’m not that sweet of a girlfriend. Between the two of us, you’re a few notch higher on that sweetness scale. I’ll work on that though, I promise.”

“I like that better though than have the clingy irrational ones. At least with you I don’t have to guess what you actually mean by the things you said. That gives me the opportunity to think better than just trying to buy a vowel or a consonant in the conversation to get the right words, you know.”

“Well another thing I am sure of that I can promise you is, being clingy will be the last thing I want to be. No offense to the girls out there but I think that’s just energy draining and complicates the whole concept of trust.” I confessed, that’s just my take though.

“That I appreciate. But help me out here, that’s different from being jealous right?” he started turning his back on me bracing for the pinching he’s going to get.

 But help me out here, that’s different from being jealous right?” he started turning his back on me bracing for the pinching he’s going to get

“Totally! Turn around! Look at me!”

“Nope!”

“You liked that I was jealous that night huh?”

“Oh not only that, I was actually pleasantly relieved.”

We continued talking until it was time for him to go home. The day was wonderful for the both of us despite Sean’s anxiety-inducing morning that I was totally oblivious of until he’s at my front door.