Chapter 11.1

Jamie's POV

“Just so-so, why do you ask?”

“Hmmmkkay.” I hummed my response.

“Did she say something that offended you when I was not around? Tell me so that I can clarify it with her.”

“No she did not say anything, it’s what she was doing.” I said bluntly, sounding a little more pissed than I should. I will not beat around the bush here. My blood is starting to boil with just the thought of what I’ve observed.

“Such as? You gotta help me out here, Jamie. I’m sensing you’re irked so please go on so that we can talk about it.” I don’t know if he’s that clueless or just shrugged off those subtle gestures from that girl.

“She likes you.” There I hope that helps open your eyes.

“Huh? That’s kinda ridiculous.” he looked at me sideways then quickly brought his eyes back on the road.

“Ridiculous to you but not to me. Like why would you giggle at something that isn’t even funny. Plus, those arm-touching she does so comfortably to you? In front of me and everyone else? Come on! And there were a few people in that circle so why would she always direct her answer to you or whatever! Is there even a need for that? And the side glances? Really?”

I said breathlessly as if on rapid fire.

“Uhuh, and then?”

That’s all he could answer? “And then?” I don’t want to argue with him while we’re on the road but I’m pissed now after I spewed what I saw earlier.

“What do you mean, and then? I’m not joking here, Sean. You asked and I told you.” My voice raised a notch higher. Am I picking a fight with him? My emotion is starting to spill over. I want to stick to my issue and here he goes with prompting instead of telling me what he thinks. 

“I know you’re not. But you’re so riled up, I wanted you to continue so that you can unleash what you’re feeling.” he said while his eyes still fixed on the road but I see him smiling.

“You’re smiling? Really?”

“No I’m not! I don’t want to rile you even more.”

“Yes you are! Do you find this funny?” I’m starting to direct my annoyance at him.

“Of course not, why would I find this funny when you are pissed? I don’t want to get on that side of the shooting range.”

And yet he’s suppressing a smile.

“Whatever! Nevermind, I’m going to take a nap then. I don’t want to argue with you while you drive.” I need to calm my nerves, my rationality is taking a nosedive. I really need to calm down. I’m not that kind of girlfriend.

“Okay, I’ll wake you up when we’re there.” I heard him say but I did not respond any longer as I already shut my eyes. His tone is still playful though.

I actually fell asleep. I guess my energy, whatever is left of it, got used up after that outburst. I felt him tuck my loose hair on my ear then whispered, “Jaime, we’re here.”

“Hmmmwaahatt?” is all I could muster.

“I said we’re here.” he repeated himself and I felt him kiss my forehead. That felt nice.

“Let me just wake up a bit okay?” I said in a murmur, fluttering my eyes to open them properly.

“Okay, we still gotta talk anyway. I’m sorry, I did not find it funny earlier. You might have gotten the wrong idea. I know you were riled up but I just couldn't help myself. I was just thrilled to be honest. I don’t get to see that side of Jamie every so often you know. Emotions taking over your rationality for a bit.” he started explaining.

Now I am awake.

“I’m sorry for the emotional outburst earlier. It’s just that I got annoyed at what that girl was doing.” I started explaining myself too.

“Just annoyed?” He's smiling and it's looking seductive.

“Fine, jealous. I was jealous. It’s silly.” my breath started hitching.

“It’s adorable but you have nothing to be jealous of. She’s a colleague and that is all. I didn't notice those subtle gestures until you pointed them out earlier. I’ll be mindful the next time, I promise. If you could only see, I was all about you earlier. You’re so beautiful and I couldn't take my eyes off of you.”

As if it’s within our nature, he went closer. I braced for what’s to come and my heart started it’s usual flutter. He started kissing my lower lip softly and I parted my lips to accept his. I kissed him back, taking courage in the situation, moving to his upper and then to the lower lip, matching every movement as if our lips are slow dancing.

 I kissed him back, taking courage in the situation, moving to his upper and then to the lower lip, matching every movement as if our lips are slow dancing

Our kisses can be placed under different categories. This one is on “passionate” but I cannot cross the line beyond that, just yet.

So much for talking. Gather what’s left of your wits tonight, Jamie.

My head is swirling with different thoughts, those deep set beautiful dark-brown eyes, the slight hitch of our breaths, and this tingling sensation. We pulled away from each other trying to catch our breath. He’s looking at me as if I’m the most precious thing he ever laid his eyes on.

“It’s getting late, you should get in and rest.” Sean said, his voice hoarse, taking responsibility for the situation.

“I should. You should get going too, you’ve been driving and you need to rest. Drive safe okay? Message me right away soon as you get home, please.”

I gave him a soft peck on the lips good night.