Chapter 28

Sean continued working in the company where he interned, he was moved to the Research and Development team. With a full employee package and other benefits. He finished his presentation at school and he’s finally done with everything he needed to get that diploma.

I’m still clocking in hours to complete my requirements. The cases that I’m handling are getting progressive and I’m given a few cases that are really inclined to my interest, geriatrics.

I’m really thankful for the support that my seniors and supervisors are giving in the university hospital. Without their mentorship, I’d be really having a hard time but it’s still exhausting, draining even.
“Have you fixed your schedule for next month?” It’s Mom on the phone.

“Yes Mom. I got two weeks off as planned.”

“Are you alright?”

“I’m okay Mom, just tired. I’m looking forward to the two weeks off. Really.”

“Jamie, if you need to slow down, you can. No one’s rushing you to finish your internship this soon. I’m getting worried, you’ve even lost weight.”

“Mom….” I sighed and I think she knows I’m not willing to talk about anything else. You get a husband and a daughter in the same field, it’s definite that she’ll be so used to how things get. Plus mothers’ always know best, my Mom is no exception.

“Alright, I won’t pry but you come home this weekend. I will not accept a no from you anymore. I demand your presence. Bring Sean if you need to.”

“Sean’s not available this weekend, he’s got a research meeting with a different team.”

“Are you two, you know, doing okay?”

“Of course, Mom. We are, just gotten busy the past months now that he’s working full time and working on a new project. You know how his work can get when things don’t work as planned.”

“That’s good to hear. Anyway, you this weekend, come home. I’m serious. Alright bye sweetheart, love you.”

“Bye mom, love you too. See you this weekend.”

I guess I’m going home this weekend. We need to talk about that trip anyway. It’s Johann’s University graduation and we all have to be there.

I miss my brother and he only ever comes home during breaks and holidays, if he could. I look forward to hanging out with him for two weeks and that trip will be worth it.