Chapter 16

“I’m back early. Do you want to have dinner?” I’m on the phone with him. I know he didn’t go home this weekend to work on his paper.

“Yeah, I’m starving and my apartment is suffocating. Do you want me to pick you up or meet you somewhere?”

“Don’t drive, you might be too exhausted. I’ll just meet you at a restaurant? Will text you the address. I’ll change quickly and then message you once I’m out.”

“Okay, I can’t wait to see you. I missed you.”

“I missed you too. See you in a bit.”

We hung up and I changed to a light skirt and green cardigan.

Sean arrived at the restaurant I picked for the both of us. He’s wearing a light brown cardigan on top of a white polo shirt. The semester ending got everyone crazy complying with all the remaining requirements and he’s no exception. But how can he look so fresh despite the hours he’s putting in to finish his paper?

“Hi, sorry, got here a bit late.” Sean greeted me with a peck on my lips. We’ve gotten accustomed to this kind of kiss whenever we greet each other.

“It’s alright, you’re just in time. I already ordered food so that we don’t wait long.”

“I trust your food preference so I can’t wait. How’s your weekend?”

“Pleasant. Remarkable. Refreshing. Food-Coma inducing. Relaxing. Such an escape.” I started enumerating all the possible descriptions I can manage.

“Jammmiiiiieeeee…” he said, stretching the syllables of my name.

“Whhhaaaaaaaat?” Copying his tone while giving him the brightest smile possible.

“You’re stalling, you want to tell me something, please go at it.”

“You asked how my weekend was, so I described it in words that can paint you a proper picture.” Yes, I’m stalling.

“Did something happen?” He looked a bit serious and reached for my loose hair trying to tuck it in.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Why did he get so serious all of a sudden? Sometimes he worries too much about me.

“Hey, why do you look so sullen? Nothing bad happened. It was really a pleasant weekend with my parents. I swear.” I got my serious face on but liking the fact that this is how concerned he is for me.

” I got my serious face on but liking the fact that this is how concerned he is for me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.